G'day from under downunder

Tassieviking

Reaction score
G'day from Tasmania
I decided to try and learn how to play a guitar to exercise my fingers a bit, they are getting a bit stiff and arthritic lately
I played a little bit in primary school when I was 11 - 12 years old, but then motorcycles and other things got more interesting so I stopped.
A year ago my daughter got interested in guitars again, she had a Squire when she was young but she sold it when she was 15.
I ended up buying an Ibanez GSZ 120 for her and I built her a small solid state amp that she can hook her computer up to as well and play MP3's to play along to.(2 x 100 watt)
Then I wanted a guitar as well, so I bought a cheap SX for me to practice on, and I got a cheap Classical and acoustic as well because they were really cheap.
I realize that I cant sit down and play a guitar because I cant raise my right shoulder very high and it gets very uncomfortable with normal guitars for me, so I thought I might modify a guitar for myself to make it easier.
After lots of looking around I have decided to build a guitar that suits me best instead, and I have fallen in love with the LP shape.
So now I have found plans, I got some bits of wood, and now I'm gonna jump in the deep end and try to make a baby Lounge Paul for myself.
If I figure how to post pictures I will try to put pics up in the Luthier's section I guess.
That's it so far.

bblooz

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Don't forget to share pictures of your Les Paul copy project in the "Other Single-Cuts" forum.

Last edited:

Tassieviking

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try to put some pics up once I make my first ever guitar, it will be shaped so I can use it sitting down.
It is sort of based on a Les Paul loosely.
I have started but progress is slow, and money is short.
But I will get there.

Tassieviking

Reaction score
Thanks, it's gonna be fun to try to make a guitar body for the first time, my usual woodworking tools are my chainsaws
:)

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
:welcome:. Great place to hang out, looking forward to seeing your build!

gadafi

Reaction score
Tasmania is that part of New Zealand?

Looking forward to seeing your build..... Are you building the neck as well or getting a bolt on?