GC finally helped me out

Jdyer00

Reaction score
I just got the off phone with the store manger to hook me up with a gibson case and a new pickguard.

To make a long story short , I went to GC recently and bought my lp custom silverburst i bought it and an amp vox vt80+ went home. 2 days later im looking at my receipt and i see a charge for a case. I call them up and He's oh yeah it comes with a case and he never told me so whatever no big deal. So I go up there and get the case , 30 mins later he returns with this case that has tape over it and the sticky has stuck to it and it was an iced tea case so it totally blindsided me because im thinking im getting just plain black hardshell with black or white interior. If you saw this case you wouldn't think its new its messed up some im talking to the guy who sold it to me im like Are you serious ? They're like oh it will grow on you and im like no it wont. So i took it home and called corp and explained everything and the store manger called im glad they are helping out with their shitty customer service.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Customer satisfaction: it's a good thing.

Glad it worked out well for you!

--R :thumb:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
they love selling those used cases.

I've got a couple that I was told were new.

Funny guys those GC fellas.

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score
I will never walk into one of those horror show con job GC places again...

Yeah, they usually charge EXTRA for the case....Blah blah blah.....

They suck....I don't mind dealing with them online though...

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
GC is pretty famous for doing crap like selling a new guitar that's supposed to come with a case included, but charging extra for the case. I don't know how that particular scam is legal, and how they haven't been sued over it, but it's common enough that it must be a sales strategy at those stores. They pulled that on me years ago before I knew any better.

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
They've done this same thing to me 3 seperate times now, each time I called em on it, and each time they ended up coughing up the case but were nasty about it. I hate to do business with them but a good deal is a good deal, and sometimes you can find em there. Also, a few years ago my next door neighbor bought her husband a new les paul from there for xmas and she wanted me to look it over/set it up before she gave it to him, so I go over there and I'm like "Wheres the case?" and she's like "It didnt come with one" and I'm like "You got ripped, this model comes with a hardshell case, always". So she went back up there and when she came home she showed me the case and I"m like "You got ripped again, this isnt a Gibson case" and she's like "Does it make a dif?" and I'm like "Yeah, cause this case is worth $50 maybe and the one its supposed to come with is worth $200", but she didnt seem to care so she let em get away with it.

Jdyer00

Reaction score
I dont deal with them no more after this at least buying anyway

thexmadxtopxhatter

Reaction score
I paid for a new Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR a couple months ago and of course what do they do? They pull the demo one off of the wall with a blemished floyd rose and scratches and fingerprints all over the body. I threatened to walk unless they could give me a new one that I paid for and they just said sure. It seems like they like to take whatever you let them get away with.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
GC is pretty famous for doing crap like selling a new guitar that's supposed to come with a case included, but charging extra for the case. I don't know how that particular scam is legal, and how they haven't been sued over it, but it's common enough that it must be a sales strategy at those stores. They pulled that on me years ago before I knew any better.

It depends on whether they advertise the guitar as including the case or not.

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score

Alot of times, they won't advertise a case with a used guitar, even though it came in with one. Once I was looking at a used studio, and the guy who was helping me said "that one comes with a nice gibson case too" so then when I ended up buying it the next day that dude wasnt there, so some other guy rings me up and says "there ya go, have a good one" and I'm like "wheres the case?" and he's like "oh, that one doesnt have a case" and I'm like "yesterday the other guy said it did" and he's like "Hmm...maybe it does, I'll go check" and of course he comes back with the case and says "my bad" Freakin jerks.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Does it? Not trying to be argumentative, I honestly don't know. I was under the understanding that all higher end Gibsons came with a Gibson case as part of the advertised price - Deal or not.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Does it? Not trying to be argumentative, I honestly don't know. I was under the understanding that all higher end Gibsons came with a Gibson case as part of the advertised price - Deal or not.

The manufacturer cannot set the terms of the retail sale, legally speaking. Gibson's "case included" doesn't mean anything to GC, unless Gibson insists on it as a condition of dealership. And even then, the customer has no recourse -- in that scenario, Gibson is the aggrieved party.

Once the guitar/case combo is shipped to GC, they can do as they wish with it so long as their dealership agreement permits it, and they don't publicly advertise the guitar as coming with a case. Only in the latter instance does a consumer have any legal recourse.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The manufacturer cannot set the terms of the retail sale, legally speaking. Gibson's "case included" doesn't mean anything to GC, unless Gibson insists on it as a condition of dealership. And even then, the customer has no recourse -- in that scenario, Gibson is the aggrieved party.

Once the guitar/case combo is shipped to GC, they can do as they wish with it so long as their dealership agreement permits it, and they don't publicly advertise the guitar as coming with a case. Only in the latter instance does a consumer have any legal recourse.

Ah, thanks for the info. Still a pretty shifty business practice, especially if it's an expensive guitar. I may be wrong, but I think the Gibson ads in the GC sales flyers typically say they come with a case. I might be wrong about that though.

I've bought several guitars from GCs over the years, but these days I treat those stores like a gear "try out" zone, or just check the used section - Occasionally I've found good used gear. :)

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
You're right: it's both shifty, and contradicts the ads they've sent me, because they always mention "includes hardshell case/gigbag" or "case sold separately" in the small print, that I've seen. I was on their mailing list for years.

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
I've bought several guitars from GCs over the years, but these days I treat those stores like a gear "try out" zone, or just check the used section - Occasionally I've found good used gear. :)

Same here, craigslist is where I buy all my gear now. I've bought a couple guitars off Ebay, but its so scary I only do it when it's a guitar I HAVE to have.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
last one i got from them was a 57 AVRI strat (mary kaye model)regular price was $1599,on sale for $999.came with a hardshell tweed case and they paid to ship it from oregon to florida next day shipping.it arrived in the original factory carton,no issues.

cabowabo

Reaction score
did you see ronnie montrose behind the counter ?

LongBeach

Reaction score
I dont get how you picked up a CS and walked out of the store with no case.
Then, they try to pawn off a beat-up used case? If that were me, all hell would
have broke loose.

cookieman15061

Reaction score
In my experience if the final price we agree on is say $1399 then the receipt will read $1300 lespaul and $99 for case. The total is what we agreed on however they wanna carve it up. So there's really no extra charge for the case just listed seperately.

Latest Threads