GAS - I'm Outta Control!

bblooz

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Well, some of you may recall, I just posted a NGD thread here for a CV Custom I picked up Labor Day. I made the mistake (maybe) of stopping off at the local Guitar Denter on the way to work the next day, and dammit, they had an older Fender Road Worn Tele on their used rack. I had just bought a Tele, but I've been wanting and looking for a RW for a while. I slept on it, and decided I couldn't let it go, so picked it up the next morning. Here's a shot of my Telecasters now - 2018 CV Custom, 1986 MIJ Tele, and the latest (by only two days!) 1998 Road Worn Telecaster:

Oh, it gets better......I already had a 2013 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Collector's Choice #07 (John Shanks) purchased the week prior in the post, which arrived the day after I picked up the RW! I am now sitting here with three new guitars (I know, poor me LOL), and trying to give them all a little love................
All done for now, out of room (and dough!)

TeleTrioSep2019.JPG
2013_GibsonCC_Shanks_04.JPG

Last edited:

Niloy63

Reaction score
First off... congratulations on that sexy harem you got over there.

Secondly... :doh:. That's a lot of release of GAS pressure in one shot. Do you feel deflated/less-bloated yet? lol I'm in the same boat, but I'm holding on tightly to make sure I give a little more space before I pull the trigger again, but I'm about to pop soon... I can feel it! Wayyy too many flatulence references in this post.:facepalm:

Congrats on a HNGD brotha!

bblooz

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I did get a little queasy before the Road Worn, but got it for a reasonable price, so felt a little better knowing I could likely get my money back if I had to let it go.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
No, I have an understanding wife. Many guitars - one woman!
Amen!

One thing I told my wife, "my hobby might be expensive, but it's still cheaper than divorce".

I'm lucky in that respect as well. Then again, she new EXACTLY what she was getting into.:thumb: