GAS for straps !!!???

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Nice straps, Darrell!
I mostly have 2" straps, and other than 2 of them, they're all leather backed (they had some limited edition soft leather backed straps for sale a while back), and the two that are not leather backed were bought because A) the guitars that they were bought for have a bit of neck dive and the strap clings to a shirt a little better, which helps to reduce the neck dive, and B) the color scheme really worked with those 2 particular guitars and they didn't offer those colors in the soft leather back sales.

I bought a 4" for my 335, which is a damned heavy guitar, even heavier than my non weight relieved LP, which is crazy considering it's a semi hollow.
Much bigger guitar though, so there's still a lot of wood there.
The 4" is excellent for distributing that extra weight, but even still, I can only play that guitar for an hour or so while standing before I have to either get it in my lap or switch guitars.

Hope you love the new straps, Brother!
A lot of the same here too!

The colors match and I fight with neck dive and strap slip now. I hope the wider shoulder area will help with this.

I get a kick out of it looking back in retrospect. It must look funny to anyone watching how I have to toss the Lester up in the air once in a while to get it re-centered while I'm playing!

Probably think it's part of the act, you know, guitar hero stuff! But it's not! :laugh2:

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
I had that few weeks ago on the headstock between the tuners.... On a guitar i play daily (my new flying V). Guess spiderman just loves my V too...
:photos:

:rofl:

P.S. I saw the V thread! Very nice! :cheers:

• Haha
Reactions: BKS

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Thanks @Sp8ctre ... you are a superspreader of good vibes!

I own up to being Well-Hung... These two went out just a few days ago...

Two choices generally: Straps with soul made to last by a craftsperson, or factory straps hitting profitable price points.

Play authentic LOL!
When you get something of such great quality and comfort from a true craftsman you have to shout it out to the world!

Latest Threads