GAS for straps !!!???

Mockbel

Reaction score
Hi friends

Recently I went into a very strange GAS direction.. straps... yes, just guitar straps..

I lived with one cheap strap for 20+ years and few years ago I got a decent Taylor strap from Dubai... but in the past couple of months I don’t know what happened... I bought another 2 and getting a third this weekend.. I don’t know really what I am doing !

Roberteaux

The Immoderator
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hi friends

Recently I went into a very strange GAS direction.. straps... yes, just guitar straps..

I lived with one cheap strap for 20+ years and few years ago I got a decent Taylor strap from Dubai... but in the past couple of months I don’t know what happened... I bought another 2 and getting a third this weekend.. I don’t know really what I am doing !
I've a friend who is much like you. He's got three guitars, but at least a dozen guitar straps!

I asked him why. He said that he has NO CLUE why he's so infatuated by the idea of getting new straps... but he loves them all!

Some things, I guess we might as well just accept... 'cause figuring it out might not be possible! :laugh2:

--R :thumb:

meatball

Reaction score
Try the brand my wife got me REVO BRAND GREAT STRAPS

TVvoodoo

Reaction score
A nice strap or two is a huge add to the stable... Particularly if you know it's one of a kind made special for you... and built to last

TheX

Dirka Dirka
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm always on the hunt for Fretsling straps. I have two, but I'll buy any originals that I can find.

Chango Malo

Reaction score
alll you strap fiends better appreciate us guys that just go for the cheap plain ernie ball seat belt straps. We're leaving stock for you nuts to pick through.
In all seriousness, I just have ernie ball straps on nearly everything. In a matching color if possible, if not possible, then plain old black. I do have vintage half inch leather straps with the shoulder pad for a the tele and jazzmasters, but that's it.

socialhero

Reaction score
After years of looking for something I really liked, I found a leather company called Red Monkey. Wide, comfortable, can be ordered extra long (typical straps are never quite long enough for me, I’ve found), and very well made.

I have a couple of these with straplocks that I put on with Loctite. Pretty much all of my guitars have strap lock buttons on them so I just swap the strap to whatever guitar I’m playing.

8CF1BFB2-0BB2-4A4F-BA83-B79941D98586.jpeg

They get more and more comfortable as they break in over time. :thumb:

Last edited:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Amazon used to have these weekly sales. I must have bought 6+ great straps (at huge discounts). I still have more straps than guitars...

bungle

Reaction score
It happens. I got one for pretty much all my guitars. :)

TVvoodoo

Reaction score
You should really give Well-Hung Straps a close look. He makes the best I've ever owned and is easy to work with. He can customize to your hearts content!

https://reverb.com/marketplace?make=well-hung-1&product_type=accessories&product_type_uuid=62835d2e-ac92-41fc-9b8d-4aba8c1c25d5
Thanks @Sp8ctre ... you are a superspreader of good vibes!

I own up to being Well-Hung... These two went out just a few days ago...

(The above photo after tooling/dyeing completed, before padding, lining and stitching and finally finish-treated.)

Two choices generally: Straps with soul made to last by a craftsperson, or factory straps hitting profitable price points.

Play authentic LOL!

Last edited:

Dilver

Reaction score
I actually love the cheap thin leather (?) strap that came with my Junior. I did remove the gold Gibson logo, though.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock Fender brand strap, or Levy's rayon.

The Levy's soft, very strong, no break-in needed. Nothing special, just black and comfortable.

six-string

Reaction score
ooooooooooooo we are talking "leather straps" again? alright fellas!
e6abd650-036a-11eb-ae7d-c75bb8da34c0.jpg

errrrr wait... I meant, I really like Italia guitar straps.

James R

Reaction score
I probably have about 40 straps hanging around the music room, which is at least double the amount of guitars I have.
I had outfitted all my guitars with cheapies, then found Lock-It leather straps (which I really liked), so I outfitted most with those.
These days I'm slowly replacing all those ones with straps from @italiastraps
The Italia leather straps are gorgeous, hand made, and extremely affordable when you get them on one of the crazy sales they have running often.
On top of all that, they're a vendor here at MLP, which is where I found out about them, so it's nice to support a site vendor as well.

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
I just took advantage of Italia's recent 12 hour promo and ordered 3 new colored wide and long straps to match the herd. (Well more of a smattering I guess).

They arrived yesterday but the mailman delivered them to the inlaws down the driveway. I should see them today some time.

4 Inch Wide Crema Leather Guitar Straps - Golden Brown / Long Model

4 Inch Wide Crema Leather Guitar Straps Golden Brown / Long Model
4 Inch Wide Blue Leather Guitar Straps [New Leather Color] - Black / Long Model

4 Inch Wide Blue Leather Guitar Straps [New Leather Color] Black / Long Model
4 Inch Wide Rossa Leather Guitar Straps - Beige / Long Model

4 Inch Wide Rossa Leather Guitar Straps Beige / Long Model

I've been driven not so much by GAS as a need to find a comfortable strap for all three that's long enough to get it where I want.

I was lucky to catch the sale promo and actually saved a lot of dough on these three together. I'm very happy with the price.

Now just to see if all the reviews in here are true! Hope to love them.

Stock straps are too short for my girth! These are Bass straps in long length. 4" wide.

My 82 is 11 pounds, so 4" wide can't hurt I figure! :laugh2:

Last edited:

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Oh, did i mention my old straps are really old?
20210529_105331.jpg

That, or I really need to pick up my guitars more often! :laugh2:

• Wow
Reactions: BKS

James R

Reaction score
I just took advantage of Italia's recent 12 hour promo and ordered 3 new colored wide and long straps to match the herd. (Well more of a smattering I guess).

They arrived yesterday but the mailman delivered them to the inlaws down the driveway. I should see them today some time.

4 Inch Wide Crema Leather Guitar Straps - Golden Brown / Long Model

4 Inch Wide Crema Leather Guitar Straps Golden Brown / Long Model
4 Inch Wide Blue Leather Guitar Straps [New Leather Color] - Black / Long Model

4 Inch Wide Blue Leather Guitar Straps [New Leather Color] Black / Long Model
4 Inch Wide Rossa Leather Guitar Straps - Beige / Long Model

4 Inch Wide Rossa Leather Guitar Straps Beige / Long Model

I've been driven not so much by GAS as a need to find a comfortable strap for all three that's long enough to get it where I want.

I was lucky to catch the sale promo and actually saved a lot of dough on these three together. I'm very happy with the price.

Now just to see if all the reviews in here are true! Hope to love them.

Stock straps are too short for my girth! These are Bass straps in long length. 4" wide.

My 82 is 11 pounds, so 4" wide can't hurt I figure! :laugh2:
Nice straps, Darrell!
I mostly have 2" straps, and other than 2 of them, they're all leather backed (they had some limited edition soft leather backed straps for sale a while back), and the two that are not leather backed were bought because A) the guitars that they were bought for have a bit of neck dive and the strap clings to a shirt a little better, which helps to reduce the neck dive, and B) the color scheme really worked with those 2 particular guitars and they didn't offer those colors in the soft leather back sales.

I bought a 4" for my 335, which is a damned heavy guitar, even heavier than my non weight relieved LP, which is crazy considering it's a semi hollow.
Much bigger guitar though, so there's still a lot of wood there.
The 4" is excellent for distributing that extra weight, but even still, I can only play that guitar for an hour or so while standing before I have to either get it in my lap or switch guitars.

Hope you love the new straps, Brother!

Latest Threads