Status
Not open for further replies.

rfrizz

Lenured Tuser
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO idea what the laws of Wyoming consist of, though... :hmm:

--R :dunno:

Based on the discussion by the officers in the video, the state (they were stopped in Utah) has similar laws, including a no-discretion provision when LEOs discover domestic abuse. I think nearly all states -- if not all states -- have pretty much the same thing. Even Alabama does.

I think it is funny how contempt of court rapidly changes the minds of recalcitrant witnesses. And the no bail? There is a great line which you may have heard in response to habeas corpus motions complaining that the indefinite nature of these contempt-of-court incarcerations is unconstitutional. "The contemptor holds the keys to his cage."

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Roberteaux can back me up on this, but I don’t think it matters if one doesn’t want to press charges on the other.
It may vary by state statute.
But if there were witnesses, yes, much easier for them to be brought in lacking visible injury consistent with a fight.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. Stopyerbitchin', 'K? I live in frigging Alabama! I once drove to Deleware, and people were looking at my car to see if I had livestock in the back seat.
You think that bad... I make sure every one of my vehicles has a US flag and Gadsden flag on the back window so people in Texas don't see my California plates and assume I'm trying to smuggle kale!

Olds442

Reaction score
we should make a pool on when he get's caught.

i'd guess, less than a week.

rfrizz

Lenured Tuser
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think that bad... I make sure every one of my vehicles has a US flag and Gadsden flag on the back window so people in Texas don't see my California plates and assume I'm trying to smuggle kale!

And are you? Or maybe tofu? :cheers2:

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
One of the craziest material witness grabs I ever did involved a 24 year-old kid who had information pertaining to a miscarriage of justice that had taken place in the course of a murder trial.

This was one of those one-in-a-million kind of deals. What had taken place was that an escapee from a prison in Tennessee had shot a young man to death on the street in Daytona Beach.

The shooter was popped about five seconds after squeezing off the fatal round. Daytona PD was literally only about 100' from the shooting when it took place, and it's a damned good thing because the friends of this guy who was shot almost certainly would have made mincemeat of him...

So Daytona PD collects statements from witnesses... several witnesses, but not all of them...

One of the direct eyewitnesses was actually the steady squeeze of the murder victim... they'd been together as a couple for about three years...

But somehow, she wasn't on the scene when the cops started talking to the witnesses.

But this is where the shit got weird... see, a little while later, the young lady who was the girlfriend of the victim received a jury summons in the mail. So, she duly reported and... are you ready for this?... she actually lied her way through voir dire and ended up seated on the jury, at the trial of the murderer of her lover, no less! :shock:

Holy shit! It was so weird that this kid i mentioned above-- who was tight with the deceased victim's entire social circle-- blabbed about this thing with the girlfriend seated on the jury of her lover's murderer to another guy, without realizing that said "other guy" was a Daytona officer working undercover.

So, Daytona told the judge. The judge rang my office, and sent me after the kid with the court order to appear before Judge Foxman, instanter... or else.

As I said, there were times when I didn't even have to make an arrest... and this was one of 'em. In fact, we went so low profile with this thing that I actually had the subject of the court order take his own vehicle to the courthouse, with me following, so that it didn't look to his employees as though the cops came in and picked him up for some shit.

What a trip! But as I said: somehow, the girl vamoosed before the cops started talking to witnesses, and her name never even came up in an informational report.

Not until she committed perjury to be seated on that murder trial, anyway... :hmm:

So, now the question was: are we gonna charge her with perjury? I mean, there it was: bigger than shit, no two ways around it...

The state decided to take it easy on her... they didn't hit her with perjury. She was a total mental case by the time all this shit came to pass anyway. She loved that boy so much it hurt, and then she sees him murdered by some scumbag state prison escapee?

I was satisfied by the state's reaction. We had alternate jurors out the ass for that trial anyway.

Man, I could write a lot more about it. What you heard above was by no means the end of my personal involvement in this very curious case. But the rest of the story is not germane to the subject at hand soooo...

...guess I'll cut it short right here.

--R :thumb:

LP121

Reaction score
I was talking to the wife about this yesterday. I said my mom loves me beyond description, but let me assure you, she’d turn me in if I did something like this. She wouldn’t even have to think about it, it’s the right thing.

My mom probably wouldn't have, but my dad would've knocked my ass out with a bottle and dragged me in.

TheWelder

Reaction score
Can anyone provide cliff notes on this story? I've seen a lot on this lately but haven't followed. I know a young white girl went missing so we put the world on hold, but I don't have the details.

Thanks in advance.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I know all these words, but strung together they don’t make sense.

That is because I am a retired attorney myself, always had a secretary, and never learned to keyboard. What I was saying is the ethic rules of the BAR associations require an attorney to cease representation of a client who cannot be contacted by the attorney. An attorney who cannot remain in control of a matter must simply quit;

pnuggett

Reaction score
Can anyone provide cliff notes on this story? I've seen a lot on this lately but haven't followed. I know a young white girl went missing so we put the world on hold, but I don't have the details.

Thanks in advance.

Well, you could read through the previous posts or check the interwebz. I've been too much help just with that.

JTM45

Reaction score
I imagine the lad will need to see Moms for a sammich soon.

If he comes up alive, that fuckers going to be making sammiches for Bubba and his friends wearing a homemade halter top while walking like a bow legged ballet dancer

the parents may be complicit in this so it will be interesting to see how it unfolds

Dolebludger

Reaction score
her body was found in Wyoming. not sure what your sentences mean.

The murder - if there was one occurred in WY. So the parents can’t be charged with that. But if they helped the suspect allude the cops in FL, that is a separate crime and FL has jurisdiction.

rockstar232007

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
She was an aspiring Youtuber/Blogger, and dicided to do the whole "van-life" thing with her BF/fiance. They got into an argument, she hit him, they got pulled over. The cops seperated them for the night. A few days later, she went missing. BF comes back home without her. He, nor his family would talk. The police find a body (most likely her), and now he's missing.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you know of the Sarasota County S.O. that makes you call them "hicks"?

I was a hick deputy sheriff working in Volusia County, which has fewer resources than Sarasota County S.O., and I have popped guys that the fuckin' FBI couldn't find.

I also made fools out of them one time when they set up a stupid, phony dope dealing operation that so obvious that I was able to obtain search warrants of their premises. Seems that they didn't figure we HICKS were smart enough to see that shit and bust it... and so they never did bother to inform us about their operation, seeing as we'd be too stupid to catch onto it anyway.

Hicks, huh? And how much law enforcement have YOU performed in your brilliant lifetime?

--R
Rob's no "hick"! He's a YankeeFloridianCajun witch chef. :)

241789571_10217546033065154_6489520904440531887_n.jpg

pnuggett

Reaction score
She was an aspiring Youtuber/Blogger, and dicided to do the whole "van-life" thing with her BF/fiance. They got into an argument, she hit him, they got pulled over. The cops seperated them for the night. A few days later, she went missing. BF comes back home without her. He, nor his family would talk. The police find a body (most likely her), and now he's missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads