Gabby Petito -- missing 22 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberteaux

The Immoderator
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
FBI is at the parents house this morning executing a search warrant and tearing the place apart. Father was led away by agents so things are happening at least and some answers may be coming to what went down. You might be able to play with the hick county sheriff but the FBI is another story pops lol Hope they hang him from the highest branch as far as justice goes
What do you know of the Sarasota County S.O. that makes you call them "hicks"?

I was a hick deputy sheriff working in Volusia County, which has fewer resources than Sarasota County S.O., and I have popped guys that the fuckin' FBI couldn't find.

I also made fools out of them one time when they set up a stupid, phony dope dealing operation that so obvious that I was able to obtain search warrants of their premises. Seems that they didn't figure we HICKS were smart enough to see that shit and bust it... and so they never did bother to inform us about their operation, seeing as we'd be too stupid to catch onto it anyway.

Hicks, huh? And how much law enforcement have YOU performed in your brilliant lifetime?

--R

Dolebludger

Reaction score
The thing I don’t understand I’d the conduct of the guy’s attorney. No criminal attorney would advise a criminal suspect to flee (can be used as proof of guilt). And if the attorney did not give such advice and the suspect client went out of contact with the attorney, ethic rules of the gar require the attorney wi withdraw from the case.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

If this were Twitter, I'd post this to Bad Legal Takes.

If he is charged with murdering her in Wyoming, there's no way any of them in Florida could possibly have aided and abetted him or been accomplices.

Even if they know where he is, even if he confessed to them, he hasn't yet been charged with a crime, and they have no legal obligation to say anything.

If they hide him after he is charged, then it's harboring a fugitive. Otherwise, no crime on their part.
There usually is a crime in being an accessory after the fact. That is, providing aid to a suspect, whether he has been charged or not. Is this crime occurred it occurred in FL.

Olds442

Reaction score
There usually is a crime in being an accessory after the fact. That is, providing aid to a suspect, whether he has been charged or not. Is this crime occurred it occurred in FL.
her body was found in Wyoming. not sure what your sentences mean.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The thing I don’t understand I’d the conduct of the guy’s attorney. No criminal attorney would advise a criminal suspect to flee (can be used as proof of guilt). And if the attorney did not give such advice and the suspect client went out of contact with the attorney, ethic rules of the gar require the attorney wi withdraw from the case.
I know all these words, but strung together they don’t make sense.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

PeteK

Reaction score
I thought someone automatically went to jail when assault occurs during domestic violence.

Headline says he was seen assaulting her, but then the article goes on to say this:

"The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down, she didn’t want to be separated from the male, and began slapping him," the report said. "He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van, he tried to lock her out and succeeded except for his driver’s door, she opened that and forced her way over him and into the vehicle before it drove off."

PeteK

Reaction score
Even if she slapped him, she should have been brought in.

It probably would have saved her.
Can they do that if neither person says they want to press charges?

mdubya

Reaction score
These two were in a pattern of emotional immaturity and violence towards each other. People tried to diffuse them, but it seems, to me, they were on an almost inevitable course. Now at least one is dead, the other's life is irreparably ruined or worse. You can't always save people from themselves. Sad.

Roberteaux

The Immoderator
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
@Roberteaux can back me up on this, but I don’t think it matters if one doesn’t want to press charges on the other.
I cannot speak for the laws of all states... but I can tell you this for sure: in Florida, the state considers itself to be the ultimate victim of any crime occurring within its borders.

That is, it doesn't matter if a victim wishes to press charges or not to. it is the state attorney's office that will decide whether or not to charge an individual with some crime... not the victim.

We've even had cases where we snatched material witnesses and booked 'em in county jail because they refused to testify against another individual and we had direct evidence of their awareness of a particular crime that took place. Because they weren't suspects in the case, they weren't charged with any crime... but failure to abide by a court order to attend a deposition? Judge won't even bother with a criminal charge of "failure to appear" because there's a bail bond set for that charge.

Instead, he hits you with contempt of court... and there ain't no damned bail bond when that's what you're charged with. In some cases, the sentence can be indefinite.

And the feds do the same shit sometimes, too.

More than once, I was sent out by a circuit judge to bring some guy in after investigators determined that for sure, this guy had important information and was trying to cover it up.

Most of the time, I never even had to make an arrest. I'd just explain what the deal was with this court order, and if they wanted to play it cool, I'd give 'em a ride directly to the judge's chambers. Then they'd be depositioned... and then I'd give them a ride home.

NO idea what the laws of Wyoming consist of, though... :hmm:

--R :dunno:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads