G N R website

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I don't see anything other than the old logo and links to the store and how to join the fan club. Are you pointing out the interesting fact that there is no personnel (old or new) identified on the site?

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
I don't see anything other than the old logo and links to the store and how to join the fan club. Are you pointing out the interesting fact that there is no personnel (old or new) identified on the site?

The return to the original logo, the total lack of content, etc....

Howard2k

Reaction score
Lack of content is routine for GNR. Has there ever been a band that has been so monumentally **** at communicating with fans? :laugh2: Seems almost certain that a partial reunion is on the cards though.

StonedCrow

Reaction score
I honestly hope the original line up don't get back together again, don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of theirs, even the Chinese Dermocrac album, but I can't get over the feeling that if the original line up reform, they are going to become a cover band, haunted by their past hits, and they will be forced to continue to play nothing but past hits which will limit their ability to produce new stuff, and probably be pretty depressing for them too. Just look at the new Guns'N'Roses, how many new songs get played at any concerts, the majority of the stuff Axl does live with who ever happens to be in his backing band are their old hits from before Chinese Democracy and The Spaghetti Incident album.

Howard2k

Reaction score
I honestly hope the original line up don't get back together again, don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of theirs, even the Chinese Dermocrac album, but I can't get over the feeling that if the original line up reform, they are going to become a cover band, haunted by their past hits, and they will be forced to continue to play nothing but past hits which will limit their ability to produce new stuff, and probably be pretty depressing for them too. Just look at the new Guns'N'Roses, how many new songs get played at any concerts, the majority of the stuff Axl does live with who ever happens to be in his backing band are their old hits from before Chinese Democracy and The Spaghetti Incident album.

Agreed. I think we'd all want this:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zKPjJgfIss[/ame]

But it's just not happening.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I agree with Stonedcrow, above. No need for such a big time cover band.

I think Miles is better than Axl at singing most GnR tunes, but of course GnR wouldn't have existed were it not, in part, for Axl. Miles puts his own stamp on the vocals and (IMO) doesn't come off like a cover band singer when doing GnR. I like much of Slash's VR and solo stuff. I have never heard Axl and his backing band.

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
I would love the original line up to get back together for a year of touring. No new album just Appetite for Destruction songs and a few others. I wonder if Steven Adler could play drums well enough??

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
HELL to the NO.

We do NOT need a reunion in any way, shape or form. They were great, can't we just leave it at that?

Howard2k

Reaction score
I would love the original line up to get back together for a year of touring. No new album just Appetite for Destruction songs and a few others. I wonder if Steven Adler could play drums well enough??

He likely can, but he's out. No Adler, no Izzy.

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont need it. they'll NEVER be the same gnr that tore shyte
up back in the day. period.

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
When the rumours started coming out, I was about as excited as I could be. Then we hear no Izzy or Adler, or even Sorum. New drummer I could deal with. But no Izzy? Man, that's not cool. Izzy is my favourite part of GnR.

chasenblues

Reaction score
I miss something? What are we supposed to see on this site?

The theory is that all the old content has been taken down and a site rework is in progress with a possible reunion tour announcement. ( depending which camp you're in)

nauc

Reaction score
idk. if anyone could make rock huge again, they could

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
Who would want to hear new stuff from them?? That would surely suck. Stick to the hits....better yet, stay retired.

Latest Threads