FX pedal shipment from United States!

sidepartings26

Reaction score
Yo all

My brother is coming back for Christmas (from Greenville, SC to UK) and he says if I buy all the effects I want and get them sent to his house he will bring them over (no 19.5% import cost never mind delivery!).

You guys don't know how lucky you are having pro guitar shop etc and access to all the boutique stuff you do, and it's my one time chance to use such sites :)

Soooooooooo. Is there any US only pedals I should get that are hard to get outside the US. I've got £500 = $787 for my whole pedalboard.

My setup is les paul > voodoo lab amp selector > channel 1 = 1987x plexi high treble channel; channel 2 = 1987x normal channel, channel 3 = fender twin reverb - all of which can be on off or whatever.

My only other pedals are a Fulltone OCD V3 and a Jim Dunlop wah which needs fixing!

I love the reverb on the Fender and I think it would be good on the Marshall when they are both on it almost sounds that way. So a reverb pedal I think is in the mix.

I want to get awsome delay cinematic landscapes in the style of Myspace (Glasvegas) and Myspace (Chapel Club) (both great great bands worth checking out despite this thread and I'm more into straight rock!).

Thought about Red Witch Titan, would like analogue delays. But would be better off with 3 seperate not 3 in one, because of my setup. Plus its not strictly analogue. I REALLY like the Malekko 616 which is US only sort of but I might need more delays. Maybe carbon copy. Can't get past the name 'aqua puss'!. Should I go digital? One digital, one analog. Blow it all on an empress?! Who knows...

Pretty much decided on T-Rex chameleon PSU. Not sure about tuner - heard polytune is the boy (that's it for utility pedals).

Possibly a distortion. Or Fuzz like that Death by audio one. Or both. I have OCD [seriously] and will get in a mess watching more videos on youtube for the next few weeks (plus I'm running out of time)

Let your imagination wild. If you want to address my setup/needs 'what you would do' in my situation - cool! If not, what would you do with $787 pedal wise :)

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
With that kind of cash...? I would buy me a new amp. Or a guitar. Or even both.:D

No, seriously. This is a lot of cash for spending on pedals alone. And the selection of pedals, especially in the States in ENORMOUS! But giving you recommendations on your rig / your sound is almost impossible, without being more specific. Perhaps, instead of getting many pedals, you should focus on some versatile and well-built ones, that will cost more (unavoidably).

The Hardwires are great pedals and versatile, I personally dig TC Electronics for their stuff (yes, they're a little cheaper in the US), Fulltone is certainly a brand worth checking out (maybe their wah...?) , check Earthquaker Devices and Blackout Effectors for fuzzes and overdrives, and certainly M.I. Audio stuff.

Yes, you will have to spend some youtube time, unavoidably. It seems that the guys at Tone Factor and Andy from PGS will be your best friends for the next days...:laugh2:

sidepartings26

Reaction score
Ha ha I have probably watched over 100 PGS videos. I did think about re-wiring my 4x12 (Marshall 1960BHW) as two 2x12 seperate circuits and then picking up a second hand tiny terror for £200 and sticking it on the spare amp selector output. How's that for an overdrive kick!!

Thing is though, there's only so much to get out of even a valve amp. And I think I have two totally different amps to do that. There is no other amp I want (save the 57 deluxe) and even if I did whats it going to do? Another overdrive thing or nice spanky clean tone. I've got a Strat, and a nice Martin acoustic - I'm not proud, I am blessed/worked hard/sold a lot of stuff - so the only thing I would want guitar wise would be a tele but we're down that road again...what's it going to do that's radically different...

I like pure tone. I love classic rock. But at the end of the day that just does not cut it any more. I think in modern forward thinking rock music be it radiohead or whatever there is a need for effects and no amount of guitars or amps are going to solve that.

Thanks for the input Hector yeh I totally agree if I wasn't where I'm at guitar/amp wise that would be my first objective. Blows my mind to see some guys with £000's worth of pedals and a crappy guitar or amp.

Forgot to say. Top of my list is a looper. So a looper/delay would be cool if there is one that does both well (have checked out Line 6 DL4 - not sure about it).

Syn

Reaction score
Sound like the MXR Carbon Copy Delay peal might be a good pedal for you to look at from your last post. Also the MXR Black Label Chorus is a very good pedal if you're looking for a Chorus, I have one and would never get another Chorus pedal. Hardwire RV-7 is a great Reverb pedal.
The TC Electronics Nova System would be a great option for all in one, although digital the effects are great quality and the OD and Distortion is analog, although I know drive isn't really important as you have the OCD.
Maybe even buy an Area 51 drop in kit for your Crybaby, they're one of the best wah circuits in the world, or even look into a completely new wah as Hector said.

JakeM

Reaction score
If I were you, I'd cover the basics like I'm doing. Some modulation (phase 90), delay (carbon copy), tuner (polytune) and some fuzz and od pedal. I like to thaink that less is more, yeah I'd love loads of pedals for variety and experimenting but what are you actually going to use? I'd get your brother to pick up an egnater tweaker too but you got the amp section covered.

good luck with the search and be ready to change your mind alot and lose sleep

jake

Guitar Freak

Reaction score
OD, OD, OD.
Lovepedal!!!! :D

Not my most helpful post, but I'm in a rush.

sidepartings26

Reaction score
Was watching an Earthquaker Ghost Echo on eBay forgot to bid went for £60/$100 - that would have been a good reverb :-( Thanks for input so far guys.

Latest Threads