Fun with ..... County Clerk office....

scrumm21

Reaction score
Sold house in November..... changed address on everything - ALMOST. Went to pick up 2 firearms I purchased this past Thursday afternoon. Was brought to my attention that what I had as my address on paperwork did Not match what was on my Drivers License. Total Brain Fart inre DL. So Friday was spent on phone on Hold with Co Clerk office. After 10 mins on Hold, you are directed to leave message and wait for call back. Left message and then redialed. After another 10 mins pass and am told to leave message again I simply hang up and call back. Thank goodness for Bluetooth ear pieces.

3 times this morning Actually I got thru to call screener...got ref # and transferred...then while again on hold, the call Drops !! All 3 times lol.
4th time after transfer I was able to leave a 2nd message for call back......

Maybe by spring...................................................

For simple renewal you can do it online...... change of address...Nope....

Scooter2112

Reaction score
Find a more rural county that actually respects citizens gun rights. They’re just slow walking this and sticking it up your ass.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
It sounds like you should update your drivers license.

I'm sure the FFL is following procedures.
Probably easier than getting through to the County Clerk.

We can get appointments at the DMV for new licenses, etc. if you book one. My license expired last month, but due to the Chinese Virus it has been extended for 12 months. That said, if I wanted to get a new one (or an enhanced license (or whatever they call it)), I could. I imagine that if I were to fly somewhere, I would bring my passport, in case TSA wasn't interested in accepting my expired license.

Last edited:

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Probably easier than getting through to the County Clerk.

We can get appointments at the DMV for new licenses, etc. if you book one. My license expired last month, but due to the Chinese Virus it has been extended for 12 months. That said, if I wanted to get a new one (or an enhanced license (or whatever they call it)), I could. I imagine that if I were to fly somewhere, I would bring my passport, incase TSA wasn't interested in accepting my expired license.
Mine expires this coming August. I need the Star to enhance mine for travel also.

scrumm21

Reaction score
It sounds like you should update your drivers license.

I'm sure the FFL is following procedures.

Oh absolutely the FFL was doing their job. The young clerk at the FFL, you could tell he was hating to tell me I couldn't pick up the firearms. I Assured him it was All On Me !

Get drivers License updated then its down to sheriff dept to get ccdw updated w\ new address too

electric head

Just passing thru
Reaction score
I lost my license back early October. To get a new license your required to make an appointment.
No problem, first one available was Dec 24th.
A week before that they decide to close all of Md offices until Jan4th.
Anyone who had an appointment goes to the end of the line..
Now its Feb. 4th..

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the office open for walk ins?
Depends on what state you're in.

I work in a circuit court which is located in the county government building where the county clerk's office is. The building itself is closed to the public, everything is done by email and drop box.

If you're changing the address on your DL, that's through the secretary of state or DMV.

sonar1

Reaction score
Had same trouble when I moved.
Tried to buy a Dan Wesson 1911.

Filed change of address with CA DMV in Nov.
Still waiting

Latest Threads