FT: 1979 LP Custom - Natural

jco.1

Reaction score
It's been a brutal winter up here, and I'm getting the bug for something different. I'm looking to trade my LP Custom for a Gibson R8 or R0; any finish other than faded tobacco would be of interest.

The guitar is in fantastic shape, with very little worming on the back. Some flat spots on the finish on the back of the neck, and nothing that you feel or that affects playability in any way. The electronics are all original, and I've only added an aged gold Faber ABR-1 bridge (not pictured) and vintage Grover Rotomatcs; original parts would be included in the trade. Comes with original chainsaw case. All in all, a great looking and playing guitar.

Continental US shipping only, please. Additional photos info for interested traders. Thanks for looking.

jjpish68

Reaction score
I have a 2001 R7 BB 3 PU I am looking to trade for a Norlin. PM me if you have any interest in talking.

Thanks
Joe

jco.1

Reaction score
:laugh2: Too many Joe's in this thread.

As is the Norlin. 10.2 lbs, and I forgot to mention the less than common nut width of 1-11/16th inches. Not much of a taper on this neck, and very comfortable in the hand.

Thanks Phil, and Joe. Unfortunately, I'm good with black customs or I would have hit you up, Joe. Good luck on the sale. :cool:

Monster

Reaction score
Thought I'd kick the tires a little.

Got a replica by an unknown builder I might consider trading - its a well figured lemonburst with a baseball bat neck (bigger than most R8s) and Brazilian board. Sounded better than my Historic R9 before I had the R9 modded - now its a draw (IMHO). If I keep it I need to shave the neck - its bigger than I like.

Can't quite make it out in your photos - how many piece top? Looks like the expected 3 piece maple neck, and I'm assuming mahogany body - maybe one piece?

jco.1

Reaction score
I don't think I'd be interested in a neck that large, but if you want pm a photo or two of the guitar.

Yes three piece top and neck, one piece body.

jco.1

Reaction score
Some interesting offers, but still available.

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
Someone put me out of my misery, before I offer my 05 R8...

jco.1

Reaction score
Lots of very good offers, but still on the block for now.

jco.1

Reaction score
A potential change in circumstances dictates that this is now also a F/S listing; $2900 shipped with paypal; shipping and paypal charges on me.

Still looking for lower 48 only on this one. Thanks.

jco.1

Reaction score
now for sale

Sorry for the double post; trying to change the thread title to now include the FS option. * Reasonable offers considered.

jco.1

Reaction score
OK; trades back in play. A guitar I had my eye on sold, so offers accepted for both trades or sale. If nothing comes up by this weekend, this one's coming off the block.

Latest Threads