FSOT: 2016/17 Factory Aged Gibson Les Paul Historic R8 AAA Bourbon Burst- SOLD

Lkdog

Reaction score
This one is going to hurt but need to recoup from Xmas and some other recent gear purchases.

This is a 2016/17 Gibson Factory Aged R8 Historic in BB with a AAA flamed top that rivals many R9's.
Serial number is 2016, and the pre-pack checklist is 5/15/17.
Really strong flame throughout with no real dead spots and even some cross grain on one side.
The aging is very well done and I would call it light to moderate.

Weighs in at a nice 8 lbs 10.8 oz.
Neck is a comfortable .91 (1st fret) to 1.00 (12th fret).
All stock with Custombuclers pickups that read 7.91 bridge and 7.82 neck.

Comes with all paperwork, COA, and a factory aged original hard case.

The tone is excellent. I will spare you all the adjectives. It sounds a like a really good historic should and has unusual sustain in my opinion. I have had about a dozen historics and this is a really good one. I am pretty sure you will not be disappointed.

Now for the good part- I am pricing this at a reasonable price as I got it at a really fair price from a fellow forum member on TGP. Not trying to make a profit on it- just passing it on to another gear nut.

Only $3395 OBO shipped and insured using PP Gift to your door in US. Regular PayPal is fine but add fees.

I have usually avoided aged guitars as the prices have always been so much higher- but this one caught my eye and it was a really fair deal. Here is your chance to grab a stunning axe at a non-crazy price.

I might consider a trade for a lower cost R8/G0/R7 and $1000 or so my way in cash, or a unique LP Standard in vintage top and $1800-2000. Trade value is $3600 and I think that is also reasonable considering the list price from Wild West originally. Am pretty picky and prefer to sell at this time but you can try me.

Thanks for your interest.

Full picture album here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/38014506@N03/albums/72157703462593921/with/32562837148/

Last edited:

Left Paw

Reaction score
That is one of the least aged guitars I have seen that is factory aged. I generally don't go for those either, but this one could make me change my mind.

Lkdog

Reaction score
Does it have tru historic parts
It is a standard historic it appears with whatever the Historic 2016 production specs were through that year. ( It has the standard historic switch cover emblem).

It also is listed as a M2M on the Wild West tag, however, so has some customization. Obviously the aging is unique.

My guess is it was a M2M Factory Aged custom order with the level of aging defined, the neck specs, and maybe the slightly lower pickup wind as part of the customized order.

Lkdog

Reaction score
That is one of the least aged guitars I have seen that is factory aged. I generally don't go for those either, but this one could make me change my mind.

It really is pretty light aging overall. The top flame is one the best I have seen on an R8 and as good as many R9's.
I love the VOS historic finish and prefer that over the gloss. This is another level beyond.

RobertD

Reaction score
Would you please send some pics of the empty case
Thanks8

Logan Tyler

Reaction score
Waanntt. Sucks that I don't have the cash. Beautiful guitar, wish I could own it as my first historic.

Lkdog

Reaction score
Price reduction to $3450 shipped and insured using PP Gift.

Lkdog

Reaction score
Second Price reduction to $3395 shipped and insured using PP Gift.

Lkdog

Reaction score
On hold right now pending sale.

Last edited:

Latest Threads