FSOT: 1972 Gibson SG Pro! Rare!

Reaction score
Play my ES 333 way more, so I'd like to see what else is out there.

Here are the deets: 1972 Gibson SG Pro, rare natural mahogany color, possible rare factory rear route mistake (most SGs of this era were front routed and covered with a large control pick guard), factory Gibson embossed Bigsby, and original Gibson embossed P-90s. The P-90s are really hot! Great action, some light checking and light buckle rash, and a small crack near the input jack, but it hasn't been an issue for me and is fairly common on these older SGs. Non original HSC.

Interested in deals of any kind, guitar + cash on my end or yours - Specific interests include older Fenders (Mustang, Jazzmasters, Jaguars), oddball Gibsons (really into the Les Paul Lite), anything different/unique really.

Blue Book Value has set the bar high this year for this guitar (~$1650) but eBay sales reflect differently. Considering the rare factory mistakes and overall condition, I'd put a trade value around ~$1450. Got it from the Chicago Music Exchange, who took some great pictures of it! As far as I've seen, this is practically one of a kind!

Nickzephead92

Reaction score
Here is HardCore commenting on Norlin FS threads lowballing prices... Again. I realize this is an old outdated thread but I have seen this over and over again for years. The days are over in which you could buy Norlin's for peanuts. Sorry dude, just gets old.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
But yet I still buy them for exactly what I say and so do lots of people.......go buy you an $1100 SG pro for $1500, since this seems to haunt you from 6 years ago......maybe even find you a "The SG" if you will go $1800......good luck.

:laugh2:

Last edited:

Latest Threads