FS Wizz PAFs with aged covers SOLD

geddy402

Reaction score
For sale is a set of Wizz premium PAF clones with aged nickel covers.

$SOLD

They are out of phase so if you want to return them to normal the magnet in the neck will need to be flipped. Also, there's a slight dent in the bridge pickup cover which isn't too noticeable.

Neck reads 7.7 with alnico 4
Bridge reads 8.4 with alnico 4

Sound like PAFs should!

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

geddy402

Reaction score
Adding a picture of the leads. They were in an SG and I'm assuming they're long enough to fit in an LP.

Attachments

geddy402

Reaction score
Wizz fall out of favor around here? Or am I missing something wrong about this set?

ESchmidt

Reaction score
Wizz are great, I just spent $425 on a USED set on Reverb. Alex is currently not taking orders at the moment and they are scarce. I think people may be turned off by the magnet flip/dented cover on your set. But at $300 it’s an absolute steal and I’m very surprised they are still here.

geddy402

Reaction score
Yeah, understandable. But, if you're handy with a soldering iron the magnet isn't too hard to flip. Unfortunately, this is how I bought them and I'm not too handy with a soldering iron.

The dent isn't too noticeable, and actually fit the vibe the guitar I had them in (well loved SG).

May give it through the weekend and put them on Reverb if no one wants them here.

Rapdog

Reaction score
Do you know the color of the bobbins?

geddy402

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they are white. I removed the screws from the back and peeked in with a flashlight and saw white around the screw hole. But, because I can't tell for sure I wouldn't be able to make any guarantees that they're double white.

alainguitars

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they are white. I removed the screws from the back and peeked in with a flashlight and saw white around the screw hole. But, because I can't tell for sure I wouldn't be able to make any guarantees that they're double white.
Are you the one who opened the covers or did you buy them like that? When I see a cover that's been off, makes me wonder what has been done?.

geddy402

Reaction score
Are you the one who opened the covers or did you buy them like that? When I see a cover that's been off, makes me wonder what has been done?.
I did not open them up. Came from a fellow MLP-er about 5 years ago see them. Just installed them in my SG. There’s no issues with the pickups and work as they should.