FS - Vintage V100MRTSB -- LP copy in Tobacco Burst

questionman

Reaction score
Unlike the TB Strat I just posted, I have played this guitar extensively. I dont particularly want to sell it but ever since I bought back my old 1982 Standard it has sat in the case in the closet
Would rather see it go to someone who might use it

It plays like butter. I would take this over any Epiphone on the market right now. The distressed finish isnt for everyone, its not exactly the greatest look but I bought this because it plays great, feels really comfortable and sounds hella good. Even for the cheap stock pickups I was surprised....it actually sounds good

Its a mahogany body, flame maple top (looks great) and mahogany neck. Its a LP without being a LP. Slim 60s style neck - you can fly up and down this thing with ease. Its a little on the heavier side, maybe something like 10lbs

Looking for $400+ shipping. Comes with a slightly ripped but structurally stable gig bag with a neck support for LP style guitars

Specs from website

• Body: Mahogany
  • Top: Flame Maple
  • Neck: Mahogany – Set Neck
  • Scale: 24.75″/ 628mm
  • Frets: 22
  • Neck Inlays: Pearloid Crown
  • Tuners: Wilkinson® Deluxe WJ44 Chrome
  • Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
  • Pickups: Wilkinson® Double Coil x 2
    (N) MWVC (B)MWVC
  • Hardware: Chrome
  • Controls: 2 Volume/ 2 Tone/ 3-Way Toggle

IMG_0862.JPG
IMG_0863.JPG
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0870.JPG

Attachments

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Ha! Another one I saw on CL and immediately thought, "I should share this on MLP."

Very cool, GLWTS!

elephantrider

Reaction score
i've been eyeballing these, just to try out. does it have checking
on the finish ? wasn't sure if it was a nitro finish or other...

questionman

Reaction score
There is no checking on the finish. Its satin, probably their attempt to make it appear worn. Im not sure exactly what the finish is, I had one person tell me it was nitro but Im not confident saying that for certain. I can dig around and try to find out

Roxy13

Reaction score
If you have some acetone, go put some on a q tip and test it inside the control cavity or a pickup cavity. If the finish softens, it's nitro.

questionman

Reaction score
I dont have any onhand atm but can try this over the weekend