FS: Vintage 1960 PAF Pickups, The Real Deal!

Barker

Reaction score
For Sale: 1960 PAF Pickups

Alright gents, I've hummed & hawed for months about selling these and even mentioned this set to a few of you. Well I'm putting this sweet set of pups on the market. I acquired this set from my friend & MLP member Steve Craw... many of you know him as Lefty Elmo. Steve purchased these from The House Of Guitars. The PAFs have Double Black Bobbins with non original late 1950s Nickel covers. The covers were purchased from Vintage Correct & Vintage Checkout. The readings can be seen in the pictures below but it is a little bit warm today and they tested a little lower at cooler temperatures. I will look in my notes and see what they were at 70 degrees later. The Bridge PAF has a slightly higher output. length of the leads is shown in the pictures below. The neck pup has a short extension on it and it works perfect with it. The extension was put on to install the pickup in a left handed guitar and is not needed for a right handed guitar, it's just over 11" without it. The decals are in great shape and are centered well. This set has short A2 magnets. I do not have pictures without the covers and will not remove them. I think this covers the majority of the info on these, now for the pictures.

The asking price is $4200.00 for the set. I will entertain all reasonable offers. I'm not in a hurry to sell these but also don't want this to drag on so if you hit me with a good number you never know. I'm not really interested in any trades but would consider some small partial trades... rare pedals, low wattage 1950s Fender Amps, etc. I will ONLY ship these to the contiguous 48 United States. They will be shipped FedEx 2-Day Express, Fully Insured for the sale price & a signature will be required.

Thank you for looking!

Barker

Reaction score
Thanks Mark!

Here's another picture of them I found on my phone that shows the cover aging and patina better than the above pictures which are a little 'washed out'.

bobhfd81

Premium Member
Reaction score
Very nice looking set of pickups Kristian.
I have bought quite a few items from this seller.
He is a great guy to do buisness with.
GLWTS Brother!!

Lefty Elmo

Reaction score
As Kristian mentioned, these pickups belonged to me, and I used them in my goldtop for about three years. I can attest to the authenticity of them and that they sound incredible!
Kristian and I did a guitar swap in February, and these PAFs were part of the deal. Making a complicated trade involving two really nice guitars and the fact that a lot of trust was involved, I can happily say, Kristian is a gentleman, and a stand-up guy. Someone who is trustworthy, and honest. Buy these pickups with confidence, and you will be a happier person for it.

Lefty Elmo

Reaction score
As I look at the pics, I see some of that patina is mine, from many gigs with these great pickups. I wish I could buy them back!

Barker

Reaction score
Very nice looking set of pickups Kristian.
I have bought quite a few items from this seller.
He is a great guy to do buisness with.
GLWTS Brother!!
Thanks Bob, I bet you have my PP address memorized... :thumb:!

As Kristian mentioned, these pickups belonged to me, and I used them in my goldtop for about three years. I can attest to the authenticity of them and that they sound incredible!
Kristian and I did a guitar swap in February, and these PAFs were part of the deal. Making a complicated trade involving two really nice guitars and the fact that a lot of trust was involved, I can happily say, Kristian is a gentleman, and a stand-up guy. Someone who is trustworthy, and honest. Buy these pickups with confidence, and you will be a happier person for it.
Thanks Steve, it means a lot to have a gentleman like yourself say such nice things!

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yep. I have have dealings with Barker.. Couple times.. Awesome member and friend.

Lefty Elmo

Reaction score
Short magnet. While we all romance long magnets, most paf experts will agree, the magnet length doesn't mean anything relative to tone. In fact, I replaced a short magnet with a long one in a Pat. Sticker pickup, and it didn't sound as good. I'd believe it was the type of magnet rather than the length.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Did you lose your spectacles Rudi.... :laugh2:!?!
:shock:.....................how do you know I wear Glasses................& I am "short" sighted. :laugh2:

Sorry missed that detail.

I tend to agree with Steve, like Guitars, everything has to be taken on a case by case basis.

I did the opposite on a set of '62 EP's & put in '58 Longs. Awesome PU's.

Vintage PU's are expensive but IMHO worth owning at least one good Set in your lifetime, if they suit your ears of course.

Cheers, Rudi

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Another nod for Kristian. Great guy. Buy with full confidence.