FS: PHAEZ 2 channel HRM/Blackface 10 Watt Head

blacktip

Reaction score
Great sounding hand wired head. Blackface clean channel, HRM od channel with mod switch for a more Marshall like tone. Class A/B fixed bias circuit with 6aq5 power section. 10 watts. Perfect for home recording. Bias probe point and a adjustment knob for easy multimeter biasing. Buffered FX loop. Takes pedals very well. Price includes Mullard 6aq5s an extra set of GE 6aq5s and a 12au7 for the FX loop. Includes 2 of the 4 remaining vintage preamp tubes. I'll include the dust cover I made if you want it. Comes in pretty handy for tube rolling. Randy uses an ABY pedal in the send and returns for channel switching. The chassis dimensions are 2 1/2"x 7 5/16"x 19". There are 4 holes on the bottom of the chassis to mount in a head case. $575 shipped & paypld. I have a couple dozen good transactions on thegearpage over the years. Thx

G Man

Reaction score
I've got its older brother, same spec but EL34/6L6 tubes, so runs around 45 watts. Anyway, a killer amp in every way and if I didn't already have it I'd buy it again. Whoever is looking for a great versatile amp would do well to grab this one.

atop

Reaction score
"Anyway, a killer amp in every way and if I didn't already have it I'd buy it again. Whoever is looking for a great versatile amp would do well to grab this one."

Yup, I almost bought this very one before OP disappeared for a nearly a year. Didn't have the patience to wait for a reply, so searched around and picked up a Phaez Duophonic w/ Bad Cat Hot Cat for the "clean" preamp, and Dumble HRM for the over drive side, running a pair of EL34's at 50W. Can run KT77's. "Keeper" barely describes it.

blacktip

Reaction score
Atop. I bet the EL34's sound really good. I went with 6AQ5's and the HRM circuit so I could get a good high gain tone at lower volumes. I've had a bunch of amps over the years but kept this one the longest.

Sorry I missed you on the first go around. I didn't realize there was a Reply or a PM I didn't respond to. I'll blame it on my age. :)

blacktip

Reaction score
Price drop.$550. Shipped & Ppl'd. Also I will include 2 of the 4 remaining vintage preamp tubes that weren't included in the original listing. Thx

mourguitars

Reaction score
Blacktip passed away back in October , and left me all his Guitar and music equipment .

I was left this amp, and i can't figure out how to change channels to the HRM side....he played a Jouster thru the clean side and sounds really good....but I've tried everything on how to switch channels...see pics above ....do i need A/B pedal.....

Mike

mourguitars

Reaction score
Thanks Dools. , means a lot ...I did get it working with a A/B pedal, im pretty impressed with this amp, he left me a Jouster pedal he used to run with it ...something about tube gain...wow this amp rocks !

Randy makes some good amps....

Who's the go to builder for a Head shell these days , this amp is a keeper !

Mike

Latest Threads