FS: Paul Reed Smith Willcutt Wood Library DGT 1-piece top, Beeswing Sipo back, Solana Burst

Bobby

Reaction score
This David Grissom Signature was part of a special 2009 Wood Library run commissioned by Willcutt Guitars. They hand-selected all of the woods and components for this build. It's the nicest Paul Reed Smith guitar I've ever seen that isn't technically a Private Stock.

Features include:

· One-piece artist grade Wood Library top that has intense flame and grain. Finish is Solana Burst, which was a private-stock only color option at the time of the build. It glows like crazy when light hits it.
· Beeswing Sipo mahogany back...pretty much speaks for itself, and is only very rarely seen.
· Gorgeous, colorful Madagascar rosewood fingerboard
· Old-style Mother of Pearl bird inlays
· DGT bridge pickup and 59/09 in the neck
· Weighs 8.2 lbs.

This one is in near-mint condition...no notable dings, dents, scratches, fret wear, repairs, etc.

The sale includes a PRS hard case, hang tag, and all case candy. If you've always wanted a Private Stock but didn't want to drop $6k on a used one, here's your chance to essentially get one at half price. This one has now been in my collection twice! I sold it a few years ago, and then bought it back because it’s the best DGT I’ve ever played. I may regret selling again, but, as always, there’s another one I just have to have at the moment.

$3499 shipped CONUS

Last edited:

The General

Reaction score
what is the neck shape on this? Great looking guitar.

Bobby

Reaction score
what is the neck shape on this? Great looking guitar.
DGT profile. It is very similar to the Pattern Regular, but is slightly narrower at the nut. Also, the frets are jumbo as it ships stock with 11's. I currently have it set up with D'Addario NYXL 10's.

I Break Things

Reaction score
Daggum, I love those PRS double-cuts, and that one is a real beauty. GLWTS!

Bobby

Reaction score
Thanks for the interest, but I've come to my senses and decided to take this off the market.

Bobby

Reaction score
Back on the market! $3499 Shipped CONUS

MikeyV

Reaction score
Man, I look at wood a LOT, to buy nice pieces, and the wood on this guitar is definitely like top 0.1% stuff.
That top? Never seen one like it really, and that fingerboard? Can't ask for much more color variation and black ink lines (even some landscaping/spiderweb) in MRW. Beeswing Sipo? Never seen that before. Beeswing figure may be common in Shedua, and maybe purple heart, seldom seen in Hond. Mahogany. I've never seen Sipo with that intense level of BW figuring, actually I've never seen BW Sipo before at all.

Having all three together? Mighty nice. GLWS.

Latest Threads