FS/OT: Marsh JCM800 2204 & 70's Marshall 4X12

jco.1

Reaction score
Recent purchases dictate a sale or trade to move some gear; I'm looking to sell or trade my Marsh Amplification JCM800 2204 clone head and late 70's Marshall 4X12 angle cab. The amp is in MINT condition, and has only seen light use around the house (no gigs). Hand built by Mike Marsh. All original with the exception of the NOS pre-amp tubes I'll include in the deal ($200 for three 12AX7's; Telefunken, Amperex, and RCA). Original JJ El34's still in the amp and should be good for a long time. This covers A LOT of the same territory as my 70's Marshall JMP and is the only reason I'm moving on from this one. It is that good. All high end components and in brand new condition so this one is worry free for years to come.

The cab is in very good cosmetic condition, and sounds terrific. No stains on the checkerboard grillcloth, no funky smells, etc. Loaded with G12K-85 speakers, which are the early version of the current G12K-100's, with 1777 cones, with upgraded heavy gauge wiring. I can throw in a heavy bottom cab cover with this as I'm not using it.

I'd sell the amp for $1250, the cab for $550. Trade values as always a bit higher. As far as trades, Gibsons and Tele's are of interest. Small combo amps of similar value of the amp and/or cab would be considered. I really don't want to ship, so I'm looking to anyone in the New England/NY area on this deal; I'm willing to drive to meet halfway. Additional photos to anyone with serious interest in either item. Guitars in any of the pics below not included in the deal.

Thanks for looking.

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That amp is a beauty. Got any gut shots?

jco.1

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't....never had any interest in pulling the chassis.

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't....never had any interest in pulling the chassis.
It would help you sell it so you might want to consider it

jco.1

Reaction score
Maybe yes, maybe no. Tough to move things at all lately, especially local deals.

I've seen a ton of threads where folks asked for the weight of a guitar, gut shots on amps, or required an absolute need for a COA on historics and things go nowhere for long periods of time (if ever) after that info is provided. It is what it is.

jco.1

Reaction score
Killer amp and cab back up to the top. Classic to metal in one package. :dude:

stephenwz968

Reaction score
Marsh builds great amps, and that one looks like a beauty!

gkelm

Reaction score
Nice deal on a great cab! GLWS...

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Maybe yes, maybe no. Tough to move things at all lately, especially local deals.

I've seen a ton of threads where folks asked for the weight of a guitar, gut shots on amps, or required an absolute need for a COA on historics and things go nowhere for long periods of time (if ever) after that info is provided. It is what it is.
So go with the "maybe yes" and post some gut shots. What is it like 4 chassis screws? Just trying to help...

jco.1

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Four screws, and I'll be happy to remove them for anyone showing any serious interest in meeting up locally to buy or trade. I'll even crack a beer for 'em to enjoy while I remove the chassis. :dude:

jco.1

Reaction score
Still available; Friday night bump.

jco.1

Reaction score
End of a perfect weather weekend bump.

jco.1

Reaction score
Last bump to the top.....anyone with a Historic SG or nice Tele that's interested in a trade can hit me up. Happy to try and work out a deal for cash +/- depending on the guitar.

Latest Threads