FS - Old Growth Les Paul Replica

3Steps

Reaction score
MAX is famous for his incredibly accurate reproductions of vintage guitars, especially Bursts. This guitar was built from the beginning all the way through to the end by Max and sent directly to Dave Johnson for a beautiful faded aged finish. Weight 8 lbs 12.5 ounces. Has a host of original vintage parts.

$20,000 US

Original Gibson Les Paul 1959 Components:

Kluson Tuners w/ Uncle Lou Buttons,
1960 PAF's with Covers,
Complete Wiring Harness (Pots, Caps, Jack, Braided Wiring, and Switch),
Knobs and Thumb Cutters,
Bridge and Thumbwheels,
Tailpeice and Studs,
Pickguard Bracket, screw and nut,

Reproduction 1959 Components:

Trussrod Cover (Custom Cut),
Switch Tip (Aged DMC),
Switch Plate (Aged DMC),
Pickup Rings (Aged DMC),
Rolled Plastic Pickguard (English),
Rolled Plastic Back Plates (English).

More photos available.

normal_DSC_2049.JPG

jworle01

Reaction score
Considering a set of 59 paf's if original can bring 10,000 by themselves, not a bad deal and a beautiful instrument as well.

bosrocker51

Reaction score
The MAX guitars are renowned for being great. I would love to play one. Thnaks for posting. Still have never seen a pic of the MAX headstock due to a certain guitar mfgr who sues people... although they can't keep the Chinese fakes off EBAY!

however, in reply to a prev post...

IMO, anyone that pays $10K for a pair of PAF's is nuts. I saw a vintage ES295 w ORIGINAL PAF's sell n ebay for about $8k a while back... just my 2 cents...

3Steps

Reaction score
The MAX guitars are renowned for being great. I would love to play one. Thnaks for posting. Still have never seen a pic of the MAX headstock due to a certain guitar mfgr who sues people... although they can't keep the Chinese fakes off EBAY!

however, in reply to a prev post...

IMO, anyone that pays $10K for a pair of PAF's is nuts. I saw a vintage ES295 w ORIGINAL PAF's sell n ebay for about $8k a while back... just my 2 cents...

Thanks bosrocker51,
I agree ... 10K for PAF's would be out of line but with the vintage parts that dress this MAX out I think it's a very reasonable price.

I will consider LP trades but would want the bulk to be "cash".

Latest Threads