FS - LOTS of Great Gear. Armstrong, Phaez, Weber, WB, Warmoth, Avatar, Boss, JHS...

Chobey

Reaction score
:hmm:

That Plimsoul is fairly tempting, but I have plenty of pedals and really do need the cash at the moment. Thanks for the offer and I hope they sell for you!

Cool man, we'll keep in touch!

DetroitDonny

Reaction score
on the SD pups, what does rough cast mean? and is the Phaez 775.00 for the head and speakers? thanks, nice gear

JMV

Reaction score
on the SD pups, what does rough cast mean? and is the Phaez 775.00 for the head and speakers? thanks, nice gear

Rough cast refers to the magnets I installed in them. Most contemporary magnets in pickups are smooth and polished. Compared to stock, the pickups are not overly bright, but smooth and have some vintage quack while retaining clarity. These mags are a great choice for these pickups.

Rough cast:
magnet-non-magnetized-rough-cast-alnico-5-2115369r.jpg

Polished:
!B22jTFg!2k~$(KGrHqZ,!hoE)73IFZEUBMkGVPCN!Q~~_35.JPG

As far as the Phaez goes, the price is just for the head. I'm going to go ahead and drop it down to $750 shipped and Paypal'd for that one, though. :thumb:

JMV

Reaction score
Deal pending on the JHS Double Barrel.

JMV

Reaction score
Orange Avatar cab is now sold. :)

DetroitDonny

Reaction score
in your opinion would the the bottom end get muddy at all using the neck pup? I have an R9 out of a fender blues deluxe.

JMV

Reaction score
in your opinion would the the bottom end get muddy at all using the neck pup? I have an R9 out of a fender blues deluxe.

Not at all. A4 is a very sweet magnet in this neck pickup. I HATE muddy neck pups, and this pup definitely pleased me in terms of clarity.

JMV

Reaction score
I should add...for any members in the Houston area, I'm also locally selling a few nice pistols at good prices. PM me for more info on those if you're interested.

JMV

Reaction score
Avatar cab with Webers sold pending payment.

sj250

Reaction score
Not at all. A4 is a very sweet magnet in this neck pickup. I HATE muddy neck pups, and this pup definitely pleased me in terms of clarity.

My Wizz pickups I just installed are my first experience with A4's and I have to say they are probably my favorite magnet by far. Still a good amount of bite when needed but amazing clarity as well:thumb:

JMV

Reaction score
Sale pending on Sourmash cab.

JMV

Reaction score
Sourmash cab sold! :thumb:

JMV

Reaction score
Price drop!

Armstrong P-51 head wrapped in red leather. - $1050 Shipped/Paypal'd in the contiguous US.

50 watts, powered by two KT77 (EL34) JJs and is loaded with three JJ gold pin ecc803s preamp tubes. Sounds absolutely incredible and is somewhat based off the trainwreck sounds and responsiveness. The ONLY reason I’m getting rid of this amp is that I don’t need anywhere near 50 watts and I an really use the funds to knock out some outstanding bills.

100_0025.jpg

100_0026.jpg

2.*
Phaez 18 watt Daisycutter - $700 Shipped/Paypal'd in the contiguous US.

INCREDIBLE amp and I know I'll kick myself for this one. Two JJ el84s and three Tung Sol gold pin ecc803s in the preamp. Completely point to point with torroidal transformer. Has an effects loop although I've never really used it. Cab was built by Bob at Sourmash and is top notch. Pictured at the far right with the white "Phaez" logo.

IMG_0701.jpg

Warmoth Strat body - $475
Shipped/Paypal'd in the contiguous US.

Flamed Korina (black limba) with contoured heel and neck join. It has been finished in tobacco burst (poly) by Dave Mansel who does the finishing for McNaught Guitars. One small finish blem that can be repaired with super glue near the neck cavity (area actually covered by the over hang of the fretboard) The finish alone cost over $300 in addition to the cost of the body.*

I was building this up into a project with a 24 3/4" scale neck, but I've since realized I'm really quite content with paring down what I already do have. This is a great project - all you need to add is the neck to get her up and running!*

Loaded with:
• MHD 86/87 set
• Hipshot Hardtail Bridge (chrome)
• RS Guitarworks superpot volume
• RS Guitarworks CTS tone pot
• .022 vintage Sprague Bumblebee
• Switchcraft jack
• Switchcraft 3-way switch
• 50s wiring
• Chrome Schaller Strap buttons

100_0340.jpg

100_0341.jpg

100_0342.jpg

4.*
WB Six-Seven-Oh-Seven Strat pickups – wound with wire from 1967. - $300 Shipped/Paypal’d in the contiguous US.
These sold at around $550 new.*

100_0309.jpg

100_0310.jpg

5.*
Avatar 2x12 w/ Weber Pre-Rola Celestion Clones - $315 Shipped/Paypal’d in the contiguous US.

Wired 16 ohms (two 8 ohm speakers in series). Speakers have about 10 hours total playing time on them. I had these speakers made about a year and a half ago to ideally imitate a pre-Rola Celestion Greenback. They're exactly what I was looking for at the time. Very clear, yet not piercing highs, present mids, rounded lows. Interior of the cab is lined with acoustic foam.*

The addition of the foam made this cab sound MUCH better than before.*

Speaker specs:
Cone - British 1777
Basket - Blue British
Voice Coil - 1 3/4"
Doping - Pre-Rola Treatment
Terminal - Spade
Dustcap - Standard British
Magnet - Ceramic 30oz.
Power handling - 30 watts

100_0278.jpg

8.*
Boss DD20 Digital Delay - $125 Shipped/Paypal’d in the contiguous US (including Voodooman tap tempo switch)

6a369996.jpg

04739ecb.jpg

10. Seymour Duncan '59 set in reverse zebra - $95 Shipped/Paypal'd in the contiguous US. *

Modded with rough cast A4 in the neck and rough cast unoriented A5 in the bridge. I'll include the original A5s as well. Fantastic sounding pickups, I just don't need them as I don't have a guitar to put them in.

11. POD XT Pro - $175 Shipped/Paypal'd in the contiguous US.

This POD is really great. I use it a fair amount with headphones for late night jamming. It has the Bass and FX Junkie packs installed as well.*

12. POD FBV Shortboard - $75 Shipped/Paypal'd in the contiguous US.

Great shape and lightly used. Works with a ton of Line 6 products and I'm 99% sure I have the original box.

alexb17

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
i want that start body for christmas!!! I have a spare start neck too!!!!! tempting

Latest Threads