FS: Gibson Historic R0/G0 1960 Aged Goldtop

Shredfever

Reaction score
Up for sale is my 2008 1960 Historic G0 reissue Goldtop. Purchased this beauty from another MLPer a few months ago, and long story short, got an MIII reissue the same week that ended up being the surprise guitar of a lifetime. Sacrilegious though it may be, I've played this guitar for all of a couple of hours since purchasing it from NickZephead, as it's been sitting in the case waiting for me to put down the MIIIs and swap the pickups out to something higher output that better suits my tastes. Neither of those things are happening any time soon, and I'm adding a studio room on to my house, so rather than having this amazing instrument sit unloved, I'm putting her up for sale so she can find a loving home.

This guitar started it's life as a vintage darkburst limited run G0, and was later professionally refinished in THIN nitrocellulose lacquer, and aged/reliced by RS Guitarworks in Winchester, KY (and I mean professionally; the work they did on this guitar is phenomenal). The guitar is naturally checked in an amazingly even pattern all across the top and back, the finish is greening in some areas, and it has all of the appropriate wear that would be expected from a truly vintage instrument; dings, a little buckle wear etc. Even the "Gibson" logo is yellowed and has checking. No details were overlooked in the aging process. The case and guitar somehow even SMELL legitimately vintage.

The serial number on the guitar is 8001 indicating that it was either the very first guitar from the entire Gibson Historic production line for 2008, or at least the very first of the limited G0 run for that year. When it comes to Les Pauls, this one really is one of the GREAT ones. It is extremely resonant unplugged, and sounds absolutely gorgeous plugged in. Talk about the fabled "Les Paul tone"; this guitar has it in spades. In terms of sheer musical warmth and tone, this is absolutely the best sounding Les Paul I've ever played - I'd almost feel guilty about taking away the beautiful voice this guitar has now, by putting super high output pickups in it and making it more geared toward high gain...but I'm weird that way.

The neck is slightly thicker and rounder than my three early 90's LP Classics, so it is NOT the thinnest 1960 neck I've ever played by any stretch, and I believe people that prefer the 59 profile or the thinner 60's profiles could all get along with it quite well.

- Weight is 9.2lbs according to my postal scale
- Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAF's
- RS Vintage Wiring kit
- Jensen PIO Caps
- Grover Rotomatics
- Aged Hardware (bridge has Hex key set screws on it, so I'm unsure of the brand)
- Black Aged Plastics
- Aged Knobs
- Frets are 95 percent

If the black plastics ala Pagey and Bonamassa aren't your thing, I do have a set of Creamtone creme plastics that aren't aged, that I can include for an additional $35.00

Includes OHSC along with Gibson and RS Guitarworks certificates of authenticity.

$2800 shipped and fully insured inside the US when paid by paypal gift, postal money order, bank transfer or other cash type payment option where there are no fees for me, or add 3% for normal Paypal. I will ship outside the US, but buyer is responsible for all shipping, insurance, customs and import fees, etc. In addition to a perfect itrader rating here, I have 40 or so other perfect seller transactions between Jemsite, SS.org, and Reverb.com, and I am happy to provide my usernames for those sites as a reference.

I am generally NOT interested in trades, but if you happened to have a 2013 Gibson MIII reissue in the Lime or Orange finish, I MIGHT consider a partial trade plus cash deal since I just can't get enough MIII.

On to a few choice pics; full album with 50+ images can be found here: Gibson G0 Aged Goldtop - Album on Imgur

If you're interested, you can also hear a GREAT audio clip that NickZephead did with this guitar from his original posting, that really shows the beautiful sound of this instrument HERE (big ups to the tasty playing from Nick!)

OwXCAeX.jpg

j2VxUth.jpg

pCZGU1x.jpg

EOtcLPf.jpg

tkpQO39.jpg

843WOev.jpg

eWmlHLz.jpg

GL5KsKI.jpg

8CX3rKf.jpg

OwXCAeX.jpg

RUHx4Gx.jpg

vtKhExo.jpg

C8n7zMA.jpg

Shredfever

Reaction score
And this badass piece of Gibson awesomeness is SOLD

Mods: please lock it up since she's going to her new home!

hogwylde

Reaction score
Shredfever, do you happen to know where this Goldie went? I was the second owner of this guitar down in Texas. I believe I had Lindy Frailin Pure PAF's in it when I owned it. I have a pic of it in Guitar Center, Westheimer the day I bought it, and a pic of it at my home. Same guitar G0 8001. RS COA also. Just curious. I also saw it on Reverb.com, here is the link for that one. http://rvrb.io/2008-historic-1960-y8x

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...679973.-2207520000.1460584533.&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...679973.-2207520000.1460584533.&type=3&theater

hogwylde

Reaction score
Yeah, Slipstream man. Come and go, then the good ones get away. But haunt you forever.

Latest Threads