FS/FT PTP 5E8A Twin Tweed Clone $950 shipped, $850 in NJ

wrxplayer

Reaction score
I'm keeping two amps and selling the balance. Everything priced for a quick sale.

This is kit built low power twin tweed (5E8A) circuit in the bigger cab of the earlier tweed twins. I understand it was built by someone named Tom Seward. It looks and sounds great - virtually identical to the '57 reissue Twin it emulates. Not surprising since the builder used the same transformers (Merc Mag) and Weber alnico speakers that Fender uses in theirs. It's in overall very good condition, just one spot where the Tweed was roughed up and repaired with some glue.

Power tubes were upgraded to original NOS Tung Sol 5881's and they have less than 100 hours on them. The pics have nos pre-amp tubes but they have been replaced with new JJ's. I currently have a Mojo ss rectifier in there but I do have NOS tube rectifiers and I will include them in the sale.

Weight is about 53 lbs.

If you want all the tone and looks of the Fender without the big price this is a great way to go.

For value - an unbuilt Weber kit upgraded with Merc Mag transformers is about $1100 and that's without the NOS Tung-Sols. This amp came with a padded vinyl cover and I will include that too.

Price is $950 shipped CONUS or $850 picked up in NJ.

Only trade I'd consider is a good quality strat style guitar (SSS or HSS).

PM or email me at [email protected]

tt3.jpg

tt1.jpg

tt5-1.jpg

tt2.jpg

tt4.jpg

tt7-1.jpg

tt6.jpg

Latest Threads