FS/FT: 2001 R9 Killer/Wild/AAAAA Flame in Stinger Case

uburoibob

Reaction score
Well, I am finding myself with too many dollars tied up in too many Les Pauls. It breaks my heart, but after much soul searching, this is the guitar that I am offering up for sale. It's a 2001 R9 with one of the most incredible tops I've ever seen. As some have pointed out, it's as close a relative to Jeff Beck's first burst as you'll see. It came in what people have told me is a Stinger case (tweed with bright blue interior) and the person I bought it from insists that it's the original case (so, go figure). In any case (pardon the pun) this guitar is VERY close to original mint. Still shiny all the way around, 8.5lbs, Classic 57 PAF pups. Only things are a couple of pin-head sized dents on the lower back off the guitar (doesn't break through the clear coat) and another on the edge of the headstock. Sounds beautifully resonant and woody. If I hadn't just gotten the aged Murphy Bloomfield I am considering my soul mate for this month, I'd be keeping this guitar.

Asking $5750 or best offer, or would consider cash and trade (another Historic LP? A Collings small bodied acoustic?) combo.

Bob

2001_R9_a.jpg

2001_R9_b.jpg

2001_R9_g.jpg

2001_R9_c.jpg

2001_R9_d.jpg

2001_R9_e.jpg

2001_R9_f.jpg

2001_R9_2.jpg

Torren61

Reaction score
Beautiful axe. I can't afford it. How much for the sneakers? Are they 10 1/2s?

decoy205

Reaction score
I can't believe you're selling this beauty! One of my favorite looking historics!

uburoibob

Reaction score
If anyone would be interested, I can post a couple more pics of the back or shoot any detail shots anyone would like to see...

Bob

uburoibob

Reaction score
I don't have a way of measuring it (no mic, no calipers, etc)... it's a big neck, from what I've read, typical of a 2001. Action is very low and it plays like a dream. How else can I describe it?

amused

Reaction score
Hi,

let's try to propose something:

I saw your impressive collection and it seems that you don't have a prs, it's a shame lol

i have a nice PRS CU24 from 2002 with a beautiful turquoise 10T flammed top and birds... very nice creature.

plus a nice amount of money to determine to complete.

uburoibob

Reaction score
Hi Amused, Thanks for the offer. I've tried to like PRS guitars four times, but I just can't get there. Closest I came to keeping one was a Hollowbody II. That went even up for a Huss and Dalton 00. I am still open to other ideas...

Bob

Fracture

Reaction score
I'd go $650 - $750 for the case, if you accidentally left the
guitar in it!

Creative huh?

JK, Stunning guitar.

amused

Reaction score
i'll be in NYC for vacations next week so i must try other options even if i think it is not what you are looking for:

I have an Ibanez JS1000 BTB (Joe Satriani signature), a nice Black LP with bigsby, ... what else, not much to tell the truth ... something like $3500 cash lol

Maybe you can sell me the guitar without the case, and sell the case to fracture lol

i need this guitar for xmas ;) first time i fall in love for a cherry burst, i usually don't like them a lot...

uburoibob

Reaction score
Hey Amused,

I have just sent you an email. If you respond by email, please let me know here so I can monitor the spam filter.

Also, where do you live?

Bob

amused

Reaction score
I just answered with a different proposal ;)

I will not let this one go from my hands, and there you already have a buyer for the beautiful tefflon case (i wish i could get this one too but that's what we have right now)...

We keep in touch.

uburoibob

Reaction score
Hi Mica,

I replied to your proposal. We'll keep dialog open on this if you like. Will you have web access in NYC?

Bob

amused

Reaction score
and i know a lover for the guitar that doesn't have enough money to get it :(

<------------ this guy

Latest Threads