FS: Edwards John Sykes Ebony LP Custom w. Stainless 6100 Frets -REDUCED!

FuzzFace

Reaction score
Hi All,

Up for sale is a very special, user friendly, resonant and most importantly very badass Les Paul Custom guitar. - 9.5lbs of mahogany, maple and genuine Ebony fretboard goodness.

This particular Sykes E-LP130JS model is a 2005 in great condition with some choice upgrades. The mahogany neck/body are extremely resonant and sympathetically ring together. All the original chrome plastics are included.

Neck is a true 59 style shape; not all skinny or thin with nice depth and very manageable shoulders. Its a comfortable profile for a more blues oriented player or someone who likes to stretch out and play some wide-interval leads. Rhythm playing is of course super comfortable as well. This isn't all attributed to the neck profile. The beautifully installed Jescar stainless steel 6100 (110' x 55') frets are perfectly seated, crowned/polished to perfection and absolutely play like butter. Honestly, I haven't seen fretwork this good in a very long time. The corners and fret edges are perfectly smooth and seated over the neck binding for a little extra playing area. - The neck binding has zero signs of non-player wear or sanding marks. Yet another indication that great care was taken when the new frets were installed. Tuners have been upgraded to Gotoh locking style with a new Bone nut. No pinging or snags when tuning up or getting your Page on with behind-the-nut bends. Truss rod is 100% operational with action currently dialed in low. No buzzes or dead-spots throughout.

The body is outfitted with ABR-1 style bridge and stop tailpiece. Pot and switch mounting holes have been reamed for CTS pots and Switchcraft Toggle.

Pickups can be sent over for installation free of charge.

There are some wear marks on the finish of the guitar. Nothing major for something this age; no dings or scratches through the clear coat.

$1200 + shipping & paypal fee or pickup in NYC.

** This is for sale sans pickups; buyer can send over pickups of their choice for installation. Wiring will be completed with CTS 500K audio taper pots, Switchcraft Toggle and jack with vintage style braided shield wire.

Check out my Instagram for wiring photos: https://www.instagram.com/hyperiontone/

Feel free to email any questions. Thanks!

Edwards Full RS.jpg

Edwards Frets RS.jpg

Edwards Front RS.jpg

Edwards Back RS.jpg

Edwards Tuners RS.jpg

Last edited:

FuzzFace

Reaction score
seems to be missing something ... ?

Yes, I'm selling it without pickups and will voice the pots/caps to the buyer's preference. Will install pickups for free as well.

-Noted in the description in my initial post. ;)

Latest Threads