FS: Dave Johnson Single Cut (Hand-Built) 2005, Brazilian

treyrab

Reaction score
I'm selling a 2005 Dave Johnson Single Cut. This was an early hand-build by Dave using, not just a makeover, using (in his words) "old Brazilian Rosewood, Honduran Mahogany, hide glue construction, and vintage truss rod". I acquired this as part of a larger collection from a collector who commissioned 4 of these from Dave in 2005; this was the last one that he kept and the first time it is being for sale. Dave did all of the work including the finish, which was painted to resemble Pearly Gates. It has the "correct' head-stock logo and has been lightly checked/aged by Dave (including the inlays).

The parts are mainly high-end repro, with the exception of the capacitors which are vintage 50's bumblebees and the pickups which are vintage early Patent # pickups w/ the original nickel covers.

Price: 9950 OBO
Shipping: Free FedEx Overnight (w/ non-vintage Gibson hard case)

Additional Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/G6z6dciy2t1efHQGA

DJ Post.PNG

Last edited:

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the best guys on the forum to deal with. Always has nice stuff and this is no different. GLWTS!

RAG7890

Reaction score
I would remove the the reference to LP & Replica if I were you otherwise your ad may get pulled.

Just call it a Single Cut, everyone will know what it is.

I'd also elaborate on the PU's; i.e. early '62 are more valuable / desirable than early '63. Do the PU's have Double Black Leads or a Black & White Leads?

Nice Guitar GLWS.

:cheers2:

treyrab

Reaction score
I would remove the the reference to LP & Replica if I were you otherwise your ad may get pulled.

Just call it a Single Cut, everyone will know what it is.

I'd also elaborate on the PU's; i.e. early '62 are more valuable / desirable than early '63. Do the PU's have Double Black Leads or a Black & White Leads?

Nice Guitar GLWS.

:cheers2:
Done - Thanks! Regarding the pickups, I never opened them, Dave put these in back in 2005 (I have not opened them up and don't plan to). I can either sell the guitar with or without the pickups though. Cheers!

treyrab

Reaction score
Sold to a great forum member here. Thanks everyone for the inquiries and kind words!