FS: Dave Johnson Makeover Les Paul with Brazilian Board

buckwild

Reaction score
I'm making some room in my house and moving a few guitars. I've listed this one before, but then pulled it in haste.

Dave is not doing much work anymore so it's getting harder to find his guitars for sale.

This guitar features a complete makeover done exclusively for Mark’s Guitar Loft, guitar weighs 8 lbs 13 ounces, The color is a deep Cherry Sunburst similar to the 2009 50th Annv. gold certificate guitars.

Work includes: complete refin with old style nitro lacquer, finish checking and light aging, reshape top carve, reshape neck that now measures: 1st fret - .887", 12th fret - .971", Brazillian rosewood fingerboard with '59 size fret wire and real celluloid inlays, round all the edges of headstock, correct aniline red pore filler for the back of the guitar and neck. Parts used: Monster Relic burst knobs and poker chip, Gil Yaron pickup rings, Dave Johnson pickguard, vintage correct rolled plastic truss rod cover, a set of lightly aged nickel covers for the original Custom Bucker pickups, all other parts are stock.

Comes with all paperwork, certificate, letter from Dave Johnson, original parts and brown Custom Shop case.

Asking $9700 shipped and paypal'd OBO I'm not really looking for trades on this guitar unless maybe you've got a killer Collectors Choice Nicky plus some cash. Also always looking for vintage guitars.

tons of pics available here: https://joebuchwald.smugmug.com/Guitars/2013-R9-Dave-JohnsonMGL/

Subterfuge

Reaction score
WOW ... what a knockout !! drop dead gorgeous ...

buckwild

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it’s a special one! Here it is fitted with rewind pickups loaded! Buyer pics the buckers they want!

bugman

Reaction score
SEE !!! This is the kind of shit that I had to leave the forums for a few years!!! This is BS. I said it before I hate killer flame tops with deep rich color that looks great at every angle. I can’t stand them at all. I’m completely happy with my plain gold top I really am I’m not even looking at the classifieds it just popped up I’m telling you. I don’t want that make over one bit. Would take a few Rottweilers in trade?