FS: 2014 Green Lemon R8 Ellis Pickups

alane011

Reaction score
Purchased this new from Curt at HOG. It was a Made 2 Measure based off tops selected by HOG. Labeled "Green Lemon" it came as VOS hardware with gloss body. I had a new set of Ron Ellis MHW humbuckers I wanted to try so I had Dan Neafsey ( DGN custom) who lives nearby change the pickups and do a light checking to the finish to create more of a light relic look overall.

The pickups are clear, chimey, really nice. I have the original custombuckers and will include them so you have built in options. I love the look and feel. The neck is chunky but very manageable and better than R8 necks of the past that were too big for me.
I love this guitar - problem is that I need the funds towards opening a new business. I have another LP (Shanks CC) that is probably a harder sell.

8 lbs 6 ounces
$3300 ppl & shipped

From Ron Ellis:

Hi Andrew,
>>
>> I sent the pickups out to you on Friday, so sorry for the extra
>> delays, it has been really crazy busy at my day job.. which held me up
>> on pickup production.
>>
>> The bridge pickup is a MHW, wound to 8k, with A5 magnets. The neck is
>> a matching MHW, wound to 7.1k, with A4 magnet. I have found this to be a
>> nice matching set for Les Paul's or 335's.

http://s726.photobucket.com/user/alane011/library/Guitars/2014 Gibson LP8 Green Lemon?sort=3&page=1

alane011

Reaction score
If I were smart I would take out the Ellis, sell them separately, but I'm a bit rushed and have no technical skills.

Price drop - absolute bottom - need to clear $3000 after fees and paypal (or other payment means)

Thanks

alane011

Reaction score
Guitar is sold - but the buyer only wanted the Ellis so the Custombuckers are on ebay for a 7 day auction.

Latest Threads