FS: 2013 Gibson Les Paul Historic Goldtop SOLD

fadedsunburst59

Reaction score
Up for grabs is an awesome 2013 Gibson Les Paul Historic Goldtop with upgrades! This guitar plays and sounds amazing! One of the most lively and resonant Historic Les Pauls I've had the opportunity to play. For those who don't know 2013 was the year that Gibson's custom shop introduced the correct gold top color and the correct back color of these Les Pauls and of course they also began gluing the neck joint with hot hide glue like the process used in the 50's. This guitar has been upgraded with aged Grover Milk Bottle vintage style tuners and a set of Rick Norman dr. vintage Burst series "Sandy" set pickups (if you don't know about these pickups do some searching they are no longer made and pretty rare) which were wound to emulate the PAF pickups in Tom Wittrock's "Sandy" burst. This particular set of Rick Norman Pickups are double cream butyrate bobbins and I added a set of aged Doyle Coils nickel pickup covers that have the dimples in the screw holes. I no longer have the original tuners or pickups but in my opinion these are HUGE upgrades. The guitar plays like a dream! She was professionally set up with Ernie Ball 10-46 and has next to zero fret wear. The cosmetic condition of the guitar is very good! some honest play wear here and there with some marks on the back but nothing through the backs finish. The guitar also has a little light wear around the edges including some light edge wear around the headstock. None of this is what i would consider a big deal and there are surely no structural issues but I'm giving full disclosure. If you are looking for a case queen keep it moving but if you'd love a great condition players playing and sounding guitar with what i would consider minimal wear this is perfect.

Price is Sold + PP & Shipping within the lower 48 of the US

Last edited:

Latest Threads