FS: 2009 black Les Paul Standard with Sheptones, Klusons, Bumblebees

Chris Leger

Reaction score
Up for sale is my 2009 Les Paul Standard.

The guitar is in great shape, with minor fret wear and some buckle worming as shown in the photos. There is one ~2mm ding in the top of the guitar.

Pickups are Sheptone AB Customs with raw nickel covers. Tuners are Gotoh Kluson. Pots are Gibson, 500K audio volume and 300K linear tone. Caps are the bumblebees from my Historic. Pickguard, rings and toggle bezel are Gibson Historic parts, as is the switch tip. All hardware is nickel.

Guitar is set-up for .010s and plays beautifully.

$1650 shipped in the continental US.

Chris Leger

Reaction score
Have been asked about paperwork, case candy, trades, originality, etc.

Not really interested in trades, and I don't have any paperwork for this guitar. Re originality - about the only original parts left on this guitar are the cavity covers and toggle switch. Everything else has been changed as shown. Even the knobs and Nashville bushings are replacements.

When the Klusons were installed, the headstock was expertly touched-up to remove the depressions in the lacquer caused by the big washers on the original locking Grover tuners. This involved lots of wet-sanding back, retouching, wet-sanding, polishing, etc.

Oh yeah, the nut is original, though it's been re-cut. The action on this guitar is about as close to perfect as you're going to find.

GuitarJoe

Reaction score
Looks like a sweet guitar and that's a great price. GLWS!!

fairlanericky

Reaction score
The Sheptone AB set sound damn good in my Alder bodied Studio, can only imagine how they sound in Mahogany/Maple Standard. GLWS!!

Ric

HARDWEAR

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't afford to be in the market right now but that is a fine instrument that's well cared for. That's a nice one!

Dino

Reaction score
What'a the neck carve?
What is the fretboard made of? Granadillo?
Looks very nice. Love the color too. ;)

Chris Leger

Reaction score
And then it wasn't. Argh. OK, No Paypal, no how, no way.

Because they suck.

$1450 shipped in the continental US. Cash, checks & money orders.

Thanks!

Tonemeister

Reaction score
SOLD. To me!!! This guitar is pretty sweet but I have evil plans for it. The transformation has already begun. I'll create a new thread upon completion. Chris is a great guy and an honest fair seller (understatement). I got a sweet deal. Much appreciated Chris.

Latest Threads