FS: 2008 Slash Gold Top Les Paul Limited Edition

daddy

Reaction score
Hi All.

I thought I would post here first before putting it on ebay and CL. I am selling my 2008 Slash Gold Top Limited Edition Guitar. I am selling it to buy other gear that I want.

Price: $2,300.00 + Paypal Fee's of $67.00 = Total of $2,367.00
(Paypal fee's - 66.70 (2.9% of Price / 2300.00 x .029) + .30 (.30 per transaction) = $67.00)

I will pay for standard shipping anywhere in the USA. Out of country shipping you will pay for.

Anyhow, the guitar comes with case and the hand signed Slash certificate. The case had the Slash logo on it and the inside is white. The guitar has also been verified through the Gibson database as 100% authentic. This guitar is a 9 out of 10 which is near mint. The only blemish is from a previous owner who left two very tiny nicks by the tailpiece when he stupidly tried to turn a post with a screwdriver (it's a tone pro locking) and the screwdriver slipped. It caused a small flange on the post and two tiny chips in the wood. They are barely noticable. Otherwise everything else is top shape.

This guitar was made at the Nashville Plant, TN, USA on April 18th, 2008.

The pickups are Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro's, bridge and neck.

Here is the original write up and details of the guitar:

The Gibson USA Les Paul Slash Signature Goldtop is also being made available for this limited edition opportunity which gives guitar enthusiasts around the world the chance to own a guitar created and designed by Slash, the legend who single-handedly revitalized the electric guitar with some of the world’s most colossal riffs known to the mortal man. The Gibson USA Les Paul Slash Signature Goldtop is limited to only 1,000 guitars worldwide and includes individual features and unique characteristics that only Slash can instinctively call his own. Other features include a standard, un-chambered mahogany body with Gibson’s traditional weight relief system consisting of a series of holes that give it a comfortable yet heavy feel exactly like Slash likes it. The body is topped by one of the Les Paul trademark features, a hand-carved maple top. The body is then painted, as is the Epiphone model, with the same Goldtop finish from 1952, Buillon Gold with an aged Cherry back.

At Slash’s urging, the electronics of the new Gibson USA model were enhanced to include proprietary wiring, caps, resistors and tone pots that give the model its own unique tone. It is also set up with the revolutionary Plek system – a computer controlled set-up that carefully measures and dresses each fret while accurately measuring the height between the fingerboard and the string virtually eliminating string buzz and providing unbeatable playability. The neck, designed by Slash himself, is a solid piece of
mahogany with a hybrid profile that takes the roundness of the Les Paul necks of the late 1950s and combines it with the slimness of the necks from the early 1960s. Slash’s personal skull and crossbones and top hat logo with his signature adorn the headstock.

Other features include a TonePro Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece, all chrome hardware, Kluson-style Gibson tuners, and a hand-numbered certificate of authenticity in a metal fold-over frame. The model comes in a hardshell case with Slash’s logo screened on the smooth black exterior and includes a plush white interior. These limited edition special models will be available at select dealers worldwide on October 7, 2008. No others will be produced once the limited edition quantity is sold out. It is a fitting tribute to the rock n’roll legend who has inspired guitarists around the world to “Go for the Gold” in every performance.

And now some photos all taken by me:

HPIM1788.jpg

HPIM1785.jpg

HPIM1793.jpg

HPIM1795.jpg

guitars_001_christmas.jpg

If interested you can PM me or contact me through my email which is: [email protected]

This guitar plays great and is worth every penny. I hope this is what you are looking for. I will give it one week here before posting to other sources to give people who appreciate the LP's a chance to have her first :slash:

peace out,
daddy

daddy

Reaction score
Thank you Stephen...you need another one??? LOL

peace out,
daddy

Northwinds

Reaction score
Nice! Those Epi's and the Kramer would be out the door long before the Slash if roles were reversed. Hope you come up with an alternative source of funding rather then selling the Glester, that is one you will definitely regret selling

daddy

Reaction score
Nice! Those Epi's and the Kramer would be out the door long before the Slash if roles were reversed. Hope you come up with an alternative source of funding rather then selling the Glester, that is one you will definitely regret selling

Well, I really love the Kramer for it's a 1982 model and in my opinion the best Kramer ever made. My other Les Paul is my main axe and the one I play all the time...something about that one that is magic with me. But, for the equipment I want, the Slash LP is the one thing that if I sell I can get everything I want, so there ya go. I got the Epi's because I got great deals on them and they actually play pretty darn good...they are the high end standards ;-)

Getting alot of interest in the Slash but nobody is making the final move so get her today from me while I still have her ;-)

peace out,
daddy

daddy

Reaction score
What a beautiful weekend to buy a Slash Gold Top!!!!

peace out,
daddy

daddy

Reaction score
Gonna post on CL and ebay. There is absolutley none of this guitar on ebay at all, so that tell's ya that the owners like them. Don't miss out at this great price. they usually go for 2500+

peace out,
daddy

59er

Reaction score
i might buy that idk seems like a good deal

Ace1994

Reaction score
damn i just spent the money from my summer job on an AFD 100, so there goes my 1750.. i guess i've got to sell my jcm from my last job, because this guitars sweet. too bad it'll be gone before i have the cash, good luck though!

daddy

Reaction score
Still for sale! It was sold on ebay and the buyer flaked...

peace out,
daddy

daddy

Reaction score
Why cannot I edit my original post??? That makes no sense. I need to change pricing and text. Can someone help out here?

peace out,
daddy

stephenwz968

Reaction score
On this forum, for some reason, it won't allow you to edit about 2 days after your post...don't know why. Man, good luck with your sale, it's killing me as I paid more for mine - someone's gonna get a great guitar at a great price!

daddy

Reaction score
On this forum, for some reason, it won't allow you to edit about 2 days after your post...don't know why. Man, good luck with your sale, it's killing me as I paid more for mine - someone's gonna get a great guitar at a great price!

I wonder how come the mods won't answer to this??? I posted above in the main section and still nothing. It is silly we cannot edit, especially in a classified section because things change!

Maybe I will just start a new thread then?

peace out,
daddy

Latest Threads