FS: 2004 Gibson “Hot ‘Lanta” Les Paul 1959 Reissue

jhs77

Reaction score
Here is the closest guitar you will ever see to Duane Allman’s original “Hot Lanta” burst. Unbelievably similar gull flame pattern. This is a 2004 that was originally sold by Ronn David at Vintage World. Absolutely spectacular top (deep, wide and flitch matched just like Duane's). The color is also remarkably close to Duane’s. It plays beautifully, no issues or funny business. Weight is 8.75 pounds with klusons (I currently have Grovers on it in keeping with the “spirit of the southern slide king”, which add a few ounces to the stock weight. Overall condition is 8/10. It has been played lovingly but has some dings here and there. Not a case queen, hence the blowout price point for this kind of top. Very nice dark fretboard as well. Comes with the original brown and pink Gibson hardshell case and the case candy. The COA has been misplaced and I can't seem to locate it, but if I find it, I'll certainly send it to you. Any questions just ask. Shipping is to the lower 48 CONUS only. $4150 PPG shipped. All sales are final, not interested in any trades. Thanks for looking!!

Here is the reverb link as none of my pics will post (“file size too big??)

Attachments

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
:wow:
Wow! What a top!

(Not technically a Hot 'Lanta Reissue, though. Gibson did make an actual run of those.)

GLWTS

jhs77

Reaction score
Yeah I’m very aware of those. None of those with the frets pounded in the back etc have a top as close as this one. I got to see the real one up close a few years back and even some of the mineral fleck is the same. Crazy. My dirty lemon gets all my attention these days so I’m letting this one go. Check out Duane’s at the control knobs and between the pickups compared to this one. Pretty cool!

defcrew

Reaction score
I gotta "stand back and move away slowly" from that one. Sweet piece. GLWTS