FS: 2004 Fender Custom Shop 1960 Reissue Stratocaster - $2100

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
Up for sale is my 2004 Fender Custom Shop 1960 Reissue Stratocaster in Daphne Blue finish. I just bought a pre-CBS Strat, so I'm going to have to let this one go, but this is the one that I kept out of four Custom Shop Strats from 2004 to 2019.

The body has the Custom Shop markings that you would expect to see and some great finish checking on it. I can't be 100% sure that it hasn't received a high-quality makeover/refin, but I checked back a few owners and it was the same finish back then.

The neck was replaced by the original owner and is a USA Custom Guitars neck with a really nice dark rosewood slab fretboard. The frets are not as big as the more recent Custom Shop Strats (I was told 0.080" wire), but are more vintage correct and have a good amount of life left in them. It has a vintage-correct 7.25" fretboard radius.

The neck plate and COA match in terms of serial number. This was purchased by the previous owner from Carter Vintage Guitars in Nashville. Since listing this, I've also received a message from a previous owner that the pickups, although genuine Custom Shop, are not original to the guitar.

Weight is 8 lbs, 1 oz.

Here are the neck thickness measurements:
  • 1st fret: 0.873"
  • 7th fret: 0.932"
  • 12th fret: 0.958"
Sale includes the brown hardshell case with the Certificate of Authenticity from the Custom Shop.

Asking $2100 shipped ConUS.

Last edited:

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
If it werent for the import fees, I would have grabbed this as my first strat in 40 years. It’s just perfect in any detail. :eek2: :drool:

GLWS!

toymaker

Reaction score
Damn, very nice - at this price too...someone is getting a killer deal.

I'd do it in a minute, but funds limited until the end of month.

GL with the sale and a free bump into the weekend for ya.