FS: ***** 1999 Gibson 40th Anniversary R9 Les Paul Full Makeover *****

boogieongtr

Reaction score
If you are a Les Paul fan looking for the perfect Gibson Reissue LP that includes Brazilian fingerboard, Honduran Mahogany, Eastern Flame Maple and assembled with hot hide glue then check out this guitar.

For sale is a 1999 40th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue that went thru a full makeover by JamCity Guitars.

The makeover includes:
Stem out the neck, remove the fingerboard with a heat blanket, retop the guitar with Premium Grade Eastern Flame Maple with mineral streaks & flecking, remove truss rod with sheath and install correct 50's type truss rod, install beautiful dark black 50's looking Brazilian fingerboard with nitrate inlays, reshape the neck profile to 59 specs, Bartlett binding. Finish with correct aniline dyes, nitro lacquer, silkscreen “Les Paul” script, restamp S/N, CTS Premium 500K pots, NOS Russian PIO caps, Nowire ABR 1 bridge, featherweight tailpiece, retrospect bushings and studs, VooDoo 59 PAF style pickups, Jescar 6100 frets, mammoth tusk ivory nut, the weight is 8lbs. 11oz. HS case.
The guitar comes with the 40th Certificate and JamCity Guitars COA

$7,800. shipped to lower 48.

Check this link for the full makeover process and more pics of this guitar. http://s967.photobucket.com/user/boogieongtr/library/2019 R9 40th Ann 1999 Reissue

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Nice! Not to be a PITA, but do you have any pics of what it looked like before the makeover?

Rank Stranger

Reaction score
You are being a PITA. Look at the link provided.

Beautiful guitar. GLWTS!

RS

Reactions: ASG

Barnaby

Reaction score
I did. Did you? The only pic of the front of the original guitar, you can barely see anything except the neck.
Really? I clicked on the link and saw the whole guitar. Maybe Photobucket is acting up.

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
This is the only wide shot I can see of the original guitar:

IMG_4307_zpsln1pomlc.jpg

I am just curious because I have never seen a plaintop 40th R9. Like I said, not trying to be a PITA.

goodvibes

Reaction score
Never heard of this shop. Looks like HM has some competition! Very cool! Huge Improvements. GLWS

boogieongtr

Reaction score
Never heard of this shop. Looks like HM has some competition! Very cool! Huge Improvements. GLWS
Thanks but no competition, I only do conversions and builds. Kim is a good friend and we have worked together on many projects. I was doing makeovers before Kim started HM but decided they were too labor intense and went another direction. I won't take on a makeover project and only do them for myself. This was my personal guitar. Check out my website to see what I do.

goodvibes

Reaction score
I already contacted Kim about my top only refinish, and because he is in such high demand he can't take on a smaller job. I totally understand that. Kim is a great guy and does superb work, I just don't need a complete makeover.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
If you are a Les Paul fan looking for the perfect Gibson Reissue LP that includes Brazilian fingerboard, Honduran Mahogany, Eastern Flame Maple and assembled with hot hide glue then check out this guitar.

For sale is a 1999 40th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue that went thru a full makeover by JamCity Guitars.

The makeover includes:
Stem out the neck, remove the fingerboard with a heat blanket, retop the guitar with Premium Grade Eastern Flame Maple with mineral streaks & flecking, remove truss rod with sheath and install correct 50's type truss rod, install beautiful dark black 50's looking Brazilian fingerboard with nitrate inlays, reshape the neck profile to 59 specs, Bartlett binding. Finish with correct aniline dyes, nitro lacquer, silkscreen “Les Paul” script, restamp S/N, CTS Premium 500K pots, NOS Russian PIO caps, Nowire ABR 1 bridge, featherweight tailpiece, retrospect bushings and studs, VooDoo 59 PAF style pickups, Jescar 6100 frets, mammoth tusk ivory nut, the weight is 8lbs. 11oz. HS case.
The guitar comes with the 40th Certificate and JamCity Guitars COA

$7,800. shipped to lower 48.

Check this link for the full makeover process and more pics of this guitar. http://s967.photobucket.com/user/boogieongtr/library/2019 R9 40th Ann 1999 Reissue

View attachment 380038
That thing has stripes like a Bengal Tiger and looks fun to play good luck :D :D :dude: :applause:!!