FS: 1999 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst LOADED with upgrades

Fiftywattmafia

Reaction score
PRICE IS $425 PAYPAL SHIPPED

Here's one from my personal stash. 1 owner guitar bough in early 2000 from Saul at Centre City Music in San Diego, CA. Made in Korea Epiphone Les Paul Standard in HCS with a VERY gradual fade into a beautiful amber color in the center. The top is better than most and is book matched really nicely in a very realistic way for a veneer flame top. Now I've swapped out every single part of this guitar over the years making this a bit of a "Historic" Epiphone. I will list the parts below in a moment. The guitar is in very good to excellent condition. Played often live, at home and recorded with (over dozens of Gibson that worked their way in and out of my collection) neck is straight as an arrow and literally never needed adjusting. Guitar plays amazingly well and the tone is there. Tight and articulate, chords stay in tune and you can hit it hard and it holds together well. I've got some 11's on there now top wrapped and you can just slay big open chords and riffs and it just tracks so well. I think the pitch angle is steeper on Epi's and it gives a bit of a snappier and tighter feel overall IMO. Rings like a piano and plays classic rock and ZZ Top type rawk all the way to aggressive chugging metal no problem. That's primarily what I did with it. Handles drop tunings like a charm as well.

Again going bare bones so clearing some gear that has been lovingly used but I need to just get down to a few things.

Parts:

Aged Grovers bought from Mark's Guitar Loft along the way
Gibson Standard Truss Rod Cover
Philadelphia Luthier Supply 60's reflector knobs (identical to Gibson Historic prior to the "True Historic" era or whatever"
Gibson BurstBucker 2 in the neck, 3 in the bridge (these are the aftermarket version so they are unpotted and widely reported to be better sounding than sets that are factory installed, and I agree!) Pickups are both zebra with the black bobbin being on the screw side of the pickup)
Philadelphia Luthier Supply 50's humbucker pickup covers. (They were raw, but I aged them and placed some string spacing marks to give them old mojo and also indented the screw pole openings ala PAF's of yore)
Gibson Historic pickup rings
Gibson Historic pick guard (slightly trimmed to fit Epi dimensions)
RS Guitarworks upgraded CTS harness with Jensen Paper-in-oil caps. .022 in the bridge and the neck may be a smaller cap value I can't remember exactly but its appropriate for a neck pickup to keep highs as you roll off)
Faber hardware aged: This is such great stuff and cost at least $100 all in. Tailpiece, studs, bridge and all of the mounting pieces as well.....all the old junk came out and Faber is good enough to put on any instrument IMO let alone a player Epi.)
Switchcraft 3 way toggle
Gibson Historic toggle switch knob
Rhythm/Treble "Poker chip" ring also swapped for a better one but I don't remember the origin. Its not a nice one like Mark's has or Montreaux etc.
Jackplate and input jack were also swapped out.

My next mission was a new bone nut. Not that its needed bu you could go there if you so wish!

Guitar will ship CONUS in a Yamaha gig bag (but I will pack very very safely so it will get to you clean!) Will use either USPS or FedEX depending or pricing and your location.

C5622F15-7827-4719-A318-193F54B176B4.jpeg
85DEB93D-72CF-470F-BD14-20CFBF61EADA.jpeg
17DD5576-32B8-4A6F-B68E-498D9CBF3C72.jpeg
DD5A0080-0842-4D48-9B37-F2BF781723DD.jpeg
58D005C9-8996-4D1B-AF8D-9A9D3EFE6E4F.jpeg

Last edited:

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Pics appreciated.

Also, I upgraded my similar 96 Standard guitar with new pickups and pots. Much better sounding.

Fiftywattmafia

Reaction score

Original hardware included: But not the original pickups, long gone. No plastics either. You wouldn't want that stuff anyway haha.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Here's one from my personal stash. 1 owner guitar bough in early 2000 from Saul at Centre City Music in San Diego, CA. Made in Korea Epiphone Les Paul Standard in HCS with a VERY gradual fade into a beautiful amber color in the center. The top is better than most and is book matched really nicely in a very realistic way for a veneer flame top. Now I've swapped out every single part of this guitar over the years making this a bit of a "Historic" Epiphone. I will list the parts below in a moment. The guitar is in very good to excellent condition. Played often live, at home and recorded with (over dozens of Gibson that worked their way in and out of my collection) neck is straight as an arrow and literally never needed adjusting. Guitar plays amazingly well and the tone is there. Tight and articulate, chords stay in tune and you can hit it hard and it holds together well. I've got some 11's on there now top wrapped and you can just slay big open chords and riffs and it just tracks so well. I think the pitch angle is steeper on Epi's and it gives a bit of a snappier and tighter feel overall IMO. Rings like a piano and plays classic rock and ZZ Top type rawk all the way to aggressive chugging metal no problem. That's primarily what I did with it. Handles drop tunings like a charm as well.

Again going bare bones so clearing some gear that has been lovingly used but I need to just get down to a few things.

Parts:

Aged Grovers bought from Mark's Guitar Loft along the way
Gibson Standard Truss Rod Cover
Philadelphia Luthier Supply 60's reflector knobs (identical to Gibson Historic prior to the "True Historic" era or whatever"
Gibson BurstBucker 2 in the neck, 3 in the bridge (these are the aftermarket version so they are unpotted and widely reported to be better sounding than sets that are factory installed, and I agree!) Pickups are both zebra with the black bobbin being on the screw side of the pickup)
Philadelphia Luthier Supply 50's humbucker pickup covers. (They were raw, but I aged them and placed some string spacing marks to give them old mojo and also indented the screw pole openings ala PAF's of yore)
Gibson Historic pickup rings
Gibson Historic pick guard (slightly trimmed to fit Epi dimensions)
RS Guitarworks upgraded CTS harness with Jensen Paper-in-oil caps. .022 in the bridge and the neck may be a smaller cap value I can't remember exactly but its appropriate for a neck pickup to keep highs as you roll off)
Faber hardware aged: This is such great stuff and cost at least $100 all in. Tailpiece, studs, bridge and all of the mounting pieces as well.....all the old junk came out and Faber is good enough to put on any instrument IMO let alone a player Epi.)
Switchcraft 3 way toggle
Gibson Historic toggle switch knob
Rhythm/Treble "Poker chip" ring also swapped for a better one but I don't remember the origin. Its not a nice one like Mark's has or Montreaux etc.
Jackplate and input jack were also swapped out.

My next mission was a new bone nut. Not that its needed bu you could go there if you so wish!

Guitar will ship CONUS in a Yamaha gig bag (but I will pack very very safely so it will get to you clean!) Will use either USPS or FedEX depending or pricing and your location.

$525 PayPal/Shipped.

View attachment 390936 View attachment 390937 View attachment 390938 View attachment 390939 View attachment 390940
Wow what a lovely SUPER EPIPHONE I like the veneers Epi puts on their LPs better than some of the crazy tops Gibson puts on I like my LPS simple. hope you get good luck for your Epi you put a lot of work into that guitar. :thumb:

Latest Threads