FS: 1989 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty "Road Warrior"

KS 5150

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just recently made a deal to purchase my all-time dream LP, a white 1974 Custom. It was a significant purchase, so I have to move a few things out to pay for it. One of these things is my naturally relic'd '89 Custom Black Beauty that I've nicknamed "The Road Warrior". I've owned it since 2010, after I acquired from these very Classifieds in 2010.
This is an amazing artifact that has been heavily played, and shows lots of natural wear. Despite this, it has never had any breaks, cracks, or damage, aside from playwear. Completely original including pickups, caps, wiring etc. Weighs in at 9.9 lbs. It's a one-of-a-kind to me that I wish I could afford to hang onto, but unfortunately my pockets aren't deep enough to make that happen. I did have a thread from 2013, where I have some close-up pics, and its story, which I've linked here:

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/some-new-detailed-pics-of-my-road-warrior-89-custom.251619/

I would prefer to ship in Canada or USA. As it has an Ebony fretboard, there are no restrictions due to CITES or otherwise. My price would be $3000 USD including expedited shipping. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any specific additional pics or information about it.

p.s. I have polished the top a bit since the photos here were taken, so it's a little shiny:

'89 LPC I.jpg
'89 LPC II.jpg
'89 LPC III.jpg
'89 LPC IV.jpg
'89 LPC VII.jpg

Last edited:

judson

Reaction score
very nice.......looks like a real players custom with many years of life left in it for someone to play the hell out of it :dude:

glws

KS 5150

Reaction score
Thanks! It's been played....a lot. It's easy to see why when you play it. Just wish it had been white lol

PierM

Reaction score
Why the hell are you selling this beauty!!! :slap: :thumb:

KS 5150

Reaction score
Why the hell are you selling this beauty!!! :slap: :thumb:
I just got the '74 Rhoads-like Custom, & I can't afford to keep both. I thought my brother would buy it off me to keep it in my family, but he is unable due to finances. Believe me, if I could figure out something else, I would! As is, I already sold my Wolfgang, and am trying to sell my LP Classic. Also toying with maybe selling my SG, but that won't be enough. We have a trip to London/Paris planned for summer, which will be very expensive.....life lol
:eek2: This is why I have to sell so much gear:

74.jpg

Last edited:

KS 5150

Reaction score
"Tom Murphy-ish aged, if TM actually played & loved one for 20+ years instead of using keys, razor blade, belt & a chisel to make them look worn..." bump

KS 5150

Reaction score
A bump is a bump is a bump is a bump is a....squirrel?

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just recently made a deal to purchase my all-time dream LP, a white 1974 Custom. It was a significant purchase, so I have to move a few things out to pay for it. One of these things is my naturally relic'd '89 Custom Black Beauty that I've nicknamed "The Road Warrior". I've owned it since 2010, after I acquired from these very Classifieds in 2010.
This is an amazing artifact that has been heavily played, and shows lots of natural wear. Despite this, it has never had any breaks, cracks, or damage, aside from playwear. Completely original including pickups, caps, wiring etc. Weighs in at 9.9 lbs. It's a one-of-a-kind to me that I wish I could afford to hang onto, but unfortunately my pockets aren't deep enough to make that happen. I did have a thread from 2013, where I have some close-up pics, and its story, which I've linked here:

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/some-new-detailed-pics-of-my-road-warrior-89-custom.251619/

I would prefer to ship in Canada or USA. As it has an Ebony fretboard, there are no restrictions due to CITES or otherwise. My price would be $3000 USD including expedited shipping. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any specific additional pics or information about it.

p.s. I have polished the top a bit since the photos here were taken, so it's a little shiny:

View attachment 383562

View attachment 383553 View attachment 383554 View attachment 383555 View attachment 383556 View attachment 383557
30 year old sweetie must be tough to part with even if it makes room for your dream guitar, find her a good home. :D

KS 5150

Reaction score
30 year old sweetie must be tough to part with even if it makes room for your dream guitar, find her a good home. :D
Thanks!! I'm hoping someone I know will step up :fingersx: It would really mean a lot to go to a good home. It's such a great player.

DADGAD

Reaction score
Road warrior guitars are awesome. It’s nice to see
instruments played a lot.

KS 5150

Reaction score
Road warrior guitars are awesome. It’s nice to see
instruments played a lot.
This has definitely been played! Surprisingly the frets are still great. Maybe something to do with the fretless wonder frets they put on Customs.

Latest Threads