FS: 1985 Fender AVRI Stratocaster - Road Worn Blues Machine

WayneLawKid

Reaction score
Up for grabs is a 1985 Fender American Vintage Reissue Series (AVRI) Stratocaster. This is a 34 year old vintage Americn made stratocaster with actual road wear from the bars and studios of Detroit. It is a blues machine and you should want to play it. The candy apple red finish was shot over gold, as was done with the original early 60's models. The fretboard is slab, dark, and resembles some of the better Brazilian boards I have had on early 60s Strats. It feels and plays incredibly. The neck is a slim taper 60's with a 1 11/16" nut. It has a brand new set of medium frets and bone nut courtesy of Detroit guitar luthier wizard, Mike Koontz (a $400 job). It also features a set of Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot pickups, with the bridge pickup baseplate option.

As far as condition, it is a road warrior. Plenty of real play wear, chips, dings, and buckle wear. There is light checking over the body, but I can't photograph it for the life of me. You know, the kind of wear people pay Fender $4K for these days. No routing or nonsense under the pick guard. The volume pot has been replaced, but the tone pots are original. Some genius decided to put a locking nut on it at some point, so there are patched screw holes above the nut on the headstock. There are also a few extra screw holes around the trim cover, which will be covered should you decide to use one. It is currently sporting an aftermarket parchment pickguard, pickup covers, and knobs, but the the original pickguard, pickup covers, and knobs are also included. Also, 1985 AVRIs are very rare (Google it!), and this one has a very early "V" series serial number.

$1,599 $1,499 plus $50 shipped in the CONUS. Original Tweed Case is included. Think about it... it is a vintage California made Stratocaster from a rare year. NO TRADES.

Lots of photos below.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

Last edited:

WayneLawKid

Reaction score
How about a little cheaper? Plenty of interest, but no takers yet.