FS: 1975 Gibson Flying V (2nd Reissue) Natural Finish w/OHSC - All Original, No Breaks - Video Demo!

mrfett

Gibson AF
Reaction score
Up for sale is a 1975 Gibson Flying V (2nd Reissue) in Natural Finish. All original, no breaks. The original tuners are in the case and an aged set of Kluson reproduction tuners are on the guitar. No other modifications, the old tuners can go back on easily and there were no extra holes drilled. The old tuners were slipping badly so they needed to be changed. The last owner purchased the guitar used in 1975 and owned it for 40 years.

The guitar is extremely clean. There are small blemishes all over the body but overall the guitar is in very good condition. There's a minor ding just behind the bridge and some minor buckle rash on the back (nothing that breaks the finish). The finish has almost no checking. The neck is true, the original frets have minimal wear. Pickguard has yellowed. Chrome & other hardware is in excellent condition. The guitar had straplocks on for years but original strap buttons have been put back on. Be sure to watch the video, I go over the entire body so you can see it in detail.

Original case is in good condition and the original Gibson booklet that came with the guitar is inside. The case smells musty but all the latches work. The guitar weighs 7.2 lbs.

$4,400 Shipped/PP'd CONUS
No Trades Please

Last edited:

Curious George

Reaction score
I had one of these 75 Vs - miss it - the best V of any type I've ever played. These are special. One of the big hits of the Norlin era.
Agree with cnote... light weight (in an era of heavyweights) and these had one of the best neck profiles that Gibson ever produced imho.

Great guitar... GLWTS!

mrfett

Gibson AF
Reaction score
thanks for all the kind words guys, i agree these are killer instruments with nice fat necks. not many this clean!

mrfett

Gibson AF
Reaction score
i made another demo (higher gain) and started having such a blast with this guitar... i need to rethink my priorities here, this thing is special...

judson

Reaction score
had one also, they are nice

great pics

glws

Latest Threads