FS: 1974 Gibson Les Paul Standard - Price Drop!

bblooz

Reaction score
True, honest 1974 Gibson Les Paul Standard (NOT a routed Deluxe!) in Vintage/Tobacco Burst. Great guitar that is really unique, in that it is the first year reissue Standard by Norlin, and the last year with a mahogany neck until '83. Has two T-tops, one stickered, one stamped (this was a transition year and you'll often find a mix as they pulled parts from the bins there in Kalamazoo). Neck PU measures 7.29K and Bridge 7.49K Ohms on my digital volt meter. Neck is straight and true, no repairs and original finish. Typical finish wear, as might be expected on a 45 year old axe, but nothing major. Original hardware, including double-ring deluxe tuners. Original frets as far as I can tell - plenty of life left and no buzzing. Some knucklehead drilled tiny holes near the volume/tone controls at one point for phase switches or something. I left them for now (can't see them while playing anyhow). Up to new owner to leave them or plug them and touch up to match finish, or leave them and just play it as-is. Hate to let it go, but need to make room for recent acquisitions. Comes with deluxe Gibson hard shell case pictured. $2500 2400 or best.

74_GibsonLP_Std07.JPG

74_GibsonLP_Std08.JPG
74_GibsonLP_Std12.JPG
74_GibsonLP_Std09.JPG
74_GibsonLP_Std13.JPG

Last edited:

bblooz

Reaction score
Just posted to the 'verb, still sell here for less:

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
Having had a ‘74, I speculate these pictures do not do it justice. In person, I’ll bet the depth of the finish, and the grain of the wood is mesmerizing. I tried to capture it in pics with mine, but I never could.

Front and back, the harsh lines you see of the burst fade are a trick of the camera. In person, it’s beautiful.

bblooz

Reaction score
Having had a ‘74, I speculate these pictures do not do it justice. In person, I’ll bet the depth of the finish, and the grain of the wood is mesmerizing. I tried to capture it in pics with mine, but I never could.
Front and back, the harsh lines you see of the burst fade are a trick of the camera. In person, it’s beautiful.
Yes, the subtleties of the fade never translate to digital photography. The mineral flecks disappear too.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Who

bblooz

Reaction score
Someone asked about the neck - The neck has a rounded profile. Not as chunky as '50s neck, but not slim either. It measures .86" thick at the first fret, and a full 1.02" at the twelfth. Really comfortable to play

Last edited:

bblooz

Reaction score
Someone asked about the weight on this Les Paul. This baby's not too bad for a '70s LP. Weighs in at a svelte 9.6 lbs.