FS: 1969 Fender Stratocaster, OHSC, Tags, Catalog. Body refinished.

Natima

Reaction score
I'm selling my 1969 Fender Stratocaster.
The guitar is 100% original down to every screw on the exception of the body having been refinished.
When I acquired the guitar somebody had spray-painted (poorly!) the body red with some sort of extremely tough plastic-based paint and it was determined it would be impossible to save the original finish underneath. The red layer was all sorts of bumpy and drippy and un-even, but the hardware and neck were almost pristine. This guitar never got played, I am the 2nd owner since 1969 when it was originally ordered directly from a catalog.

After stripping the body, the original Fullerplast base coat was almost 100% in-tact, and we used that as the primer for the new color coat. The spray work was performed by Addam Stark in Santa Cruz, who, for those in the know is one of the industry greats and does the bulk of the finish work for the Bay Area, including Rick Turner, Scott Walker and Christopher Holcomb. We used Re-ranch Ice Blue Metallic.

This link leads to a gallery cataloging the process and will show there are no nasties hiding under the new finish!

The neck is dead straight with a lifetimes worth of truss rod adjustment remaining, the frets are almost new with just a small amount of flattening showing. All the electronics work, including the original 3-way switch, and the tremolo is really smooth. The action is set very low with no issues.

Weight = 7.3lb

PRICE DROP: $8000 + P&P

$7650 shipped.

11.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
2.jpg
3.PNG
4.jpg
5.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
A Jimi era Strat just gorgeous, the first guitar I ever wanted Then I picked up guitar 2 years ago I searched and got my beloved Fender Strat ive now got 3 and if i had 8500 I would have 4 you,ll have no problem selling that cutie for sure. :thumb:

Natima

Reaction score
That's pretty awesome to see!
Also, updated with the weight. I know a lot of people worry about that, but I'm young so I omitted it originally.
7.3lb folks!!

Last edited:

Natima

Reaction score
Back on sale... just to clarify, $7650 is PP gift, or wire transfer.