FS: 1963 Gibson ES-335 (Vintage)

treyrab

Reaction score
Hi All - I recently acquired this 1963 ES-335 from the gentlemen in the second to last picture below (photo was taken in 1969). He had it since 1967, until I acquired it earlier this year.

It is a good one. The only thing to note is that he added Grover tuners to it. It has no extra holes, and the original Kluson tuners are back on the guitar. Other than that, it is clean and in original condition, electronics unmolested and original parts (original frets with not much wear). It is lightweight (under 8lbs) and has a medium C neck profile.

Asking: 16,450. Given the value of this, I will pay for FedEx overnight shipping so that it arrives safely.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.
-@vintagefrets (Instagram)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great seller here. Buy with confidence. Beautiful piece.

RyanC

Premium Member
Reaction score
No doubt the guitar is rad, but that OG photo of the owner is incredible!

treyrab

Reaction score
Still available - Other than the having Grovers at one point (as can be seen in the 1969 photo), this is a 9/10 guitar with all original finish and parts. I am open to offers, but it's already priced well below similar guitars on the market. Looking to sell this week. Ho Ho Ho!

mdubya

Reaction score
The grain/figuring by the upper F hole puts this guitar off the charts imho. Staggeringly beautiful guitar. If I was looking for a place to invest $16k, this would be it.

:wow:

treyrab

Reaction score
The grain/figuring by the upper F hole puts this guitar off the charts imho. Staggeringly beautiful guitar. If I was looking for a place to invest $16k, this would be it.

:wow:
Thank you! Yes, most vintage ES do not have beautiful figure on the maple top like this (my '59 is very plain).

treyrab

Reaction score
Bump. Open to offers from Forum Members. If this does not sell by the end of the week it will go on Reverb. Cheers!