FS 1962 Gibson Les Paul/SG

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
This is a second week, 1962 Gibson SG/Les Paul. Original frets, no breaks, cracks, repairs. The PAF covers were off at one time but were on when I bought it. The only thing which was changed was the bridge volume pot (original included) and this was changed by George Gruhn's repair shop. Vibrola side trem functions, and I have the original paperwork about it, as well as the original hang tags too. (see pics)

Some light and normal checking you would expect, and there is some of the original cherry underneath the pickguard.

Black lights fine, showing no repairs. Smooth braz fretboard and the frets are original with plenty of life left in them.

Never gigged outside the house since I bought it. Original hardshell case included, but I keep it in an ATA SKB case.

PAF's read 7.64 Bridge and 7.59 Neck. They're balanced, clear and articulate.

I also will include an appraisal of the guitar by George Gruhn for the buyer, certifying it's legitimacy who checked the guitar out.

Asking $9500 USD net to me w/CONUS lower 48 shipping/insurance included. Obviously due to braz no international, sorry.

For more pics please go here-

PM or email with any questions! Thanks!!

Last edited:

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
bump for vintage greatness!!!!

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar. I wish you all the luck in the world selling it, but you might want to think about having the title changed. When I read the thread title, I thought you were selling the husk of a vintage sg body.

Obviously, you want as many eyes on this baby as possible, so maybe remove the word 'body' from the thread title?

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Three words: I HATE YOU!!!

I had the opportunity to buy one a few years ago for a decent steal. Really wish I had the extra scratch, bc she WOULD be mine!

GLWS!:thumb:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Th

This is a second week, 1962 Gibson SG/Les Paul. Original frets, no breaks, cracks, repairs. The PAF covers were off at one time but were on when I bought it. The only thing which was changed was the bridge volume pot (original included) and this was changed by George Gruhn's repair shop. Vibrola side trem functions, and I have the original paperwork about it, as well as the original hang tags too. (see pics)

Some light and normal checking you would expect, and there is some of the original cherry underneath the pickguard.

Black lights fine, showing no repairs. Smooth braz fretboard and the frets are original with plenty of life left in them.

Never gigged outside the house since I bought it. Original hardshell case included, but I keep it in an ATA SKB case.

PAF's read 7.64 Bridge and 7.59 Neck. They're balanced, clear and articulate.

I also will include an appraisal of the guitar by George Gruhn for the buyer, certifying it's legitimacy who checked the guitar out.

Asking $9800 USD net to me w/CONUS lower 48 shipping/insurance included. Obviously due to braz no international, sorry.

For more pics please go here-

PM or email with any questions! Thanks!!
THAT IS ONE COOL PIECE OF HISTORY-it looks amost new and such cool checking 5 Angus out of 5 :wow:

XpensiveWino

Reaction score
Never has your Arnold GIF seemed more fitting. Holy smokes!!!

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Damn, if I had that and 100 other guitars that would be the only one I played. GLWTS!
No joke! When my uncle was selling his, I was really close to selling all of my other guitars just to be able to get it. Kind of kicking myself in the ass for not doing it.