Frustrated w/ T-top's

jbash

Reaction score
3 of my fave 5 players used T's of one sort or another in their peak years

Schenker
Lifeson
Page (The bridge, anyway)

I'm guessing though if people are trying to get them to sound big and fat and massive running at low volumes through a small combo or something with a tubescreamer, they may not cut the mustard.

I play Marshalls.
Loudly.

:dude:

DADGAD

Reaction score
My only experiences were with a late 70’s Stamped T top and a Pat Sticker set. Both of which had made their way into the bridge of my Page and matched with the Page bucker A3 neck. Pat sticker was smooth, very good. I had better sonic results with the stamped T top. perhaps it was just the right combination but it god some awesome middle position tones. Through a Marshall 1959HW it was glorious.

Michael Matyas

Reaction score
In your place I would definitely not modify the original pups in any way, especially if you think you might possibly sell the guitar some day. I would try a set of guitar fetish pups and put my t-tops safely away for posterity. I would also save any other original parts like caps and pots if they were in working order. If you want more balls and a deeper tone try a set of gf fat pats. If it is a more modern, cutting sound there are ceramic gfetish crunchy pats. These are surprisingly good pickups for the money, and might bring your old guitar a new lease on life. Bear in mind, I am not telling you what you SHOULD do, only saying what I would do in your situation.

Latest Threads