...From pawnshop castoff to $500,000.00 collectible.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great article and fun read - where did it come from?

Bionic Muffins

Reaction score
i was waiting for a punchline. :eek: i thought it was going to be one of those "hiding behind my marshall watching my wife cheat on me, should the tubes be glowing blue...?" kind of things.

:eek:

Reaction score
I never tell locals about my guitars either and don't even own a Burst. When ever I catch myself telling someone that I don't know personally, I'd always be shocked by their reaction and concerns about their wanting to see and touch them. I almost never bring my guitars home from the security vault complex for fear that something will happen to them ( fire, theft, robbery) I don't play guitar and don't own a large number of guitars, but I love vintage guitars and do want to show them better care than they've seen in their past. I think it's good that some of the species is preserved for the future, and I can only base it on the photos I've seen of "HOT LANTA" a year or more after Dwayne died, compared to what it looks like now in the Rock Hall. Some infamous person that is not your hero beat the hell out of one of the most famous Bursts in the world.

Ohh man! You don't play? Good guitars need to be played, even if it's gently, it makes them better over time.... plus playing them is part of the joy in owning them. Take a few lessons and get into it, you'll fall in love even deeper!

planks

Reaction score
Great read! Thanks much for the post.

Drebin

Reaction score
Jimi,Jimi, bring those lonely girls to me. I'll beat the $#!t out of 'em real good...............No I do understand I get compulsive about where to leave mine, no here, not there here. Does any one use bank storage? If so is it reasonable?

59bluze

Reaction score
I owned a 58 Plaintop Burst in late 79 to 80 and unfortunately convinced myself to sell it due to cash flow, Big Mistake, I could have pulled thru and kept it. It had the Tones we all Chase. Still feel very Lucky To have Had one, They are such wonderful Guitars.

Latest Threads