From another thread due to be nuked soon... Gig fouls and fees

dspelman

Reaction score
Bringing GF/SO to rehearsal: $100.00 Fine reduced 50% if GF/SO brings decent booze and/or snacks
Fine reversed if GF is insanely hot and brings four or five of her Insta-worthy friends along to shill drinks at the gig.

Extra fine, though, if the GF arriving at the rehearsal is a Yoko or wants to sing along.

Zungle

Reaction score
This guy was born to wear a baseball cap backwards.......

12CC6290-B6F1-4BD6-A7D6-97F96920CF29.jpeg

Zungle

Reaction score
Yeah, but he actually plays baseball.
Just reading some of the replies in this thread......;)

"The man who doesn’t look like a total dick in a baseball cap worn backwards (on stage, in public, anywhere) hasn’t yet been born."

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
In the theatre we normally do about two weeks of tech rehearsal. I start with roughing in a sound design...other departments (props, automation, lighting) are there rigging up their shit and programming etc. All the while the actors are on the stage in their street clothes, going through the scenes and blocking (blocking is the term for where and when they move on the stage)...

I've done that process hundreds of times over 30 years and I think the same thing every time. My initial reaction is almost always "I think this play is going to suck"....and then something magical happens...almost miraculous. The last three days we go into "dress rehearsals"....that means full costumes, makeup, lighting....the whole thing. And suddenly I am are transported to a different world....even with my cynicism of knowing how the sausage is made, I suspend disbelief and I buy into the fantasy.

My point? look at the pic above. I wouldn't be caught dead playing a gig like that. Daylight gigs? Hate 'em. No stagecraft whatsoever....parking lot as a backdrop? G-bus....kill me now.

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nah,

Griffey is the outliar.......

Totally works .......
Respectfully disagree... he just looks like all the other dicks who do it. And, even worse - he's part of the problem. People do it because they think that they are cool like him. Neither are anywhere close to "cool"... they are just dicks, looking like bigger dicks with a hat on backwards...

... like a dick! :laugh2:

cjpeck

Reaction score
What a bunch of magpies.
These are just the fines. Any further consequences and penalties are up to the band. Recidivism and incorrigibility will most certainly be considered by the rest of the band.

Reactions: Who

Latest Threads