Friends don't let friends get tattooed

Detector

Reaction score
Nowadays it's more out of the norm to NOT HAVE any tattoos.

I would say that depends greatly on where your at. Some of the bigger cities, yes, rural USA, no so much.

First let me say I don't have a problem with body desecration, well, maybe some piercings, but I've just never understood the want to do it. Over the years I've seen many jobs lost by people with them. The hospital I work at for example has a policy that any tattoos must be covered and out of view and absolutely no piercings. You won't get hired if you have a tattoo on your arm.

I understand people do it to mark some event in their life? Isn't there many other ways to remember an event that won't haunt you later? Or at least mark it out of sight since most others won't know what it means to you anyway? I do think most of them look cool, just never understood the want.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I have no memory of a night in Honolulu when my friends talked me out of a tattoo of Tattoo. They told me about it later.
Thank God.
I don't drink anymore.
20 years at sea and still no tats.

splatter

Reaction score
I don't know if I've ever been accused of trolling :laugh2: I certainly try not to. I like to think of myself as genuine. If you have a problem with me, I guess we'll just have to learn to co-exist here. Personally, I don't think pointing out faults and/or disagreements with a post on a PUBLIC forum to be trolling, but I guess the definition of trolling has expanded to "anything other than complete agreement". What people call trolling used to be normal around here, but seeing as you've been a member longer than I have, you should know that. Ahh, the days of real trolling...

I do have a life. I've been fairly productive today. I gathered a list of all the things needed to be done to my motorcycle. I ate lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in a little while. I worked out for the first time since April. I played a little bit of guitar and learned a new song. Now, I'm just relaxing for a little while before I start making dinner. I'm sorry if you think I just sit here all day waiting for you to make a comment so I can jump all over it. It just happens to be good timing I guess :dunno:

Thing is you never disagreed with what I said . You just came on defending TT . when I said "do you know all the artist" I was being a smart ass just like TT was when he said that he was sure River was worried about it or what ever he said . Just a little tit for tat .TT seemed to understand that because he never made another comment other than to attack my stellar typing skills . You however seemed to find the need to come to TTs rescue .

Disagree with me all you want its not trolling . Attack me in your disagreement or but into a conversation that doesn't concern you and attack me and thats trolling in my book .

I don't come here to argue . Some of my opinions aren't popular . If you don't like them fine say so . Call me out while saying so and yes I take offense .

your idol

Reaction score
This thread,aside from op's covering up a dark side hes not down with any more, is poop

PABassPlayer

Reaction score
see the quote from PA bassplayer as proof it does happen and I'm not just making it up . Funny,he didn't get offended .Guess hes old enough to know people have opinions and he doesn't have to agree with them.

Splatter, just to clarify a bit of background on my daughters tattoo.

1) I am not just a customer at this tattoo shop, they are friends, the owner, the artists...even the the girl who cleans up are all close personal friends.

2) When my daughter, whose name is Kayleigh, was going through her almost 4 year battle with cancer, she was endearingly known as "Kaybug", and the lady bug became a symbol of her struggle. So when she told me she wanted a lady bug tattoo on the month of her 5 years in remission, I didn't think twice. I called my friends at the shop and set it up. I sat with her and held her hand the entire time and for that few hours, we had a bond stronger than any law about underage tattooing cannot break.

3) SHAMELESS PLUG!!!! My artist Jackie "Inkbitch" Jennings will be on Ink Masters starting July 16th at 10:00.

im_s3_bio_inkbitch_jacqueline_jennings.jpg

Season 3 Preview | Ink Master | SPIKE

Jackie ?Ink Bitch? Jennings - Ink Master | Tattoo Competition Reality Show | Full Episodes | Spike | Bios | Spike

monkeyboy

Reaction score

1) I am not just a customer at this tattoo shop, they are friends, the owner, the artists...even the the girl who cleans up are all close personal friends.

2) When my daughter, whose name is Kayleigh, was going through her almost 4 year battle with cancer, she was endearingly known as "Kaybug", and the lady bug became a symbol of her struggle. So when she told me she wanted a lady bug tattoo on the month of her 5 years in remission, I didn't think twice. I called my friends at the shop and set it up. I sat with her and held her hand the entire time and for that few hours, we had a bond stronger than any law about underage tattooing cannot break.

3) SHAMELESS PLUG!!!! My artist Jackie "Inkbitch" Jennings will be on Ink Masters starting July 16th at 10:00.

im_s3_bio_inkbitch_jacqueline_jennings.jpg

Season 3 Preview | Ink Master | SPIKE

Jackie ?Ink Bitch? Jennings - Ink Master | Tattoo Competition Reality Show | Full Episodes | Spike | Bios | Spike

My friend Frank is on this season too! I'm not a fan of the show but it should be cool to see a friend on TV.

TOMMYTHUNDERS

Reaction score
Tommy getting his hair flat ironed - not THERE'S something you don't see every day! Balls! Big freakin' balls! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

wife says "i wonder how long your hair is if i straighten it?" i say "dunno, find out". see photo ===> immediately cut hair.

Hack

Reaction score
35851_670646582012_7129550_n.jpg

Now where have I seen this guy before :hmm:

Oh, yeah.

Gene-Simmons-14445694-3-402.jpg

GNR4EVR

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I cant wear jewellry due to having eczema- they drive me nuts, so my next tatt is going to be a wedding ring because it upsets my wife that I cant wear my wedding band.

battra

Reaction score
I can't wait for Inkmasters.

I mean, the judges drink me batshit insane, but the artists are awesome.

splatter

Reaction score

QUOTE]

Can't say I blame you . I would have done the same thing if she were my daughter . I guess now I will look at the kids I see with tattoos a little differently .

Hope your daughter is doing well and the cancer stays in remission .

hecube

Reaction score
Had a bad tat done when I was 19, just got around to the cover up last week...the rest of the piece and the half sleeve will be done in early Aug.

BEFORE & AFTER
tatbeforeafter_zpsaf567507.jpeg

From bad to worse IMO but to each his/her own...

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I can't wait for Inkmasters.

I mean, the judges drink me batshit insane, but the artists are awesome.

My kids (13, 11 and 8) love ink masters. Met Dave at Sun Dance (years ago). He is a smart marketeer.

Latest Threads