Friendly Neighborhood Rascist...

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Is Jew racist? You are not finishing the word so it must be. It all depends on how you use the word.

A Jewish person is a Jew. Context is important.

A Japanese person is not a Jap. That is derogatory.

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Is Jew racist? You are not finishing the word so it must be. It all depends on how you use the word.

Some refer to Female Jews as a Jap also.. "Jewish American Princess".

JerseyJettfan

Reaction score
A Jewish person is a Jew. Context is important.

A Japanese person is not a Jap. That is derogatory.

What overly sensitive crap. Had you taken the time to explain the manufacturing process in Japan and the workers dedication to excellence which resulted in a superior product and directed the person inquiring to this site or others extolling the virtues of Tokai (Jap) guitars of that era he might have become enlightened purchasing the guitar for an amount that was satisfactory to you. Instead it appears you "cut off your nose to spite your face" (you don't have a large nose do you? I don't want to be "insensitive" or labeled "facial feature discriminatory") and killed any potential deal by reacting so quickly to a non-insult after all you don't claim to be of Japanese descent and even if you are how would he know?

Now I have owned five motorcycles in my life, all are or were "Jap" bikes, a '75 Kawasaki 400, a '78 Suzuki 750, a '80 Honda 750, and a 1984 Yamaha Kenny Roberts Special RZ350 in Bumblebee Yellow and Black (a liquid cooled two stroke rocket). I chose the aforementioned motorcycles because of their quick throttle response, high rate of speed (except for the Kawasaki KZ-400 which was my first ride) and value. These "Jap" bikes to me were far better suited to my riding style and need for speed than a slow handling, sluggish, and heavy American production Harley Davidson. In fact you might say I'm prejudiced in favor of "Jap" bikes which is what EVERYONE near me still calls them. Does this mean I look unfavorably upon American bikes because they're built by Americans who the Japanese culture consider undisciplined, lazy, and behind the times? NO, it means I prefer the precision engineering and overall characteristics of the fuel efficient, superb handling, crotch rockets made by the Japanese, "Jap" bikes for short.

Jap
adjective

descriptive term in popular culture for the origin of motorcycle as in "Jap bike" (NON-"racist")

You also intentionally neglect to mention in your condemnation of others that in Asian communities females who receive attention from others not of their race routinely diagnose those men as having "Yellow Fever" (their term NOT mine). In fact that term is popular in the "politically correct" media of today including Liberal literary and entertainment circles but that doesn't fit you hypothesis that ONLY those not "of color" can be prejudiced or use terms that might be considered "offensive".

Note: A Jewish person is a "Hebrew" (at least that's what my Hebrew, "Jew" to you friends tell me). Not far from my home we have a "Hebrew School" or "Yeshiva" NOT as you would call it a "Jew School". There are "Hebrew/Yeshiva Universities" again NOT "Jew Colleges". Additionally my ex-girlfriend who was Hebrew or as you would say a "Jew" proudly called herself a "JAP" as in Jewish American Princess was she filled with self hate of her heritage, I don't think so. It seems in an attempt to feel superior you're looking to play word games in order to cry "racism" and "bigotry" in order to impose some ill conceived and misguided social stigma upon others.

troyvod

Reaction score
Wow i get understand being so offended. As a friend of mine says, whats the worst thing that can happen? Being Offended? Did they punch you in the face , kick you in the ballls, then what are you whinging about. Maybe if the term was used in a threatening manner then i could see the problem, but he was basically being like yourself, a whinger except less educated and intolerant.

troyvod

Reaction score
i actually thought this thread would be about the guitars of Godzilla , or who ever that idiot that was on ebay a few years back (is he still around)?

GibsonByBirth

Banned
Reaction score
So here is a conversation I have been having with ebay user "Hutchebut" about a very nice Tokai I have for sale:

Hutchebut:And now why is it that I pay the same amount for a Jap copy when I can buy a used REAL Custom Shop piece right here in the USA?? Are you ****in crazy??

Me:Because in most cases they are better guitars for the money.Are you an ignorant racist ****?

Hutchebut:How did race come into play ? I guess if you are a little short dick midget Kamikaze then yes, I am, and why the **** do you think those fake Gibsons are better?? Open your eyes Oh... they are open sorry!!!

Me:How did race come in to play? Are you really so stupid that you have to ask that? I will explain.

First off you used the word "jap". That is a racial slur...like "nigger" or "spic" or in your case "cracker" or "redneck" or possibly "hillbilly".Then you continued your racist theme by insulting a Japanese brand you know nothing about and an entire country's guitar making abilities.

In fact, I shit you not, I showed a friend of mine (white guy) your initial question and the very first thing he said was "what a racist".

Since I personally have sold about 5000 guitars (50% USA made and 50% Japanese) and have about 50 in my personal collection, again 50/50 I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Japanese made guitars are every bit the quality of USA made. You, on the other hand, know so little about Gibsons or quality guitars that someone could sell you plywood Chinese fake and you wouldn't know the difference.

You are probably too dumb to understand this but I will try anyway......a very good luthier is a just that...doesn't matter what race they are or where they build. When a top luthier in Japan makes a Les Paul style guitar he uses top notch materials and builds them EXACTLY the same way as they do in the USA...often to more exact specs historically speaking. Dollar for dollar you are often going to get a better guitar in Japan. Better fit and finish, better woods, more historically accurate, much better neck and fretwork, that plays and sounds better.

Of course believe what suits you best...and who can blame you? Growing up in a trailer you never really had a chance.

Dangerdog you are the one sounding racist.

Jakeislove

Reaction score
Sorry, people.

No one actually owns words or has complete control over what context they can be used in. :)

CHUNKYNECK

Reaction score
I would have fired up about the (are you fkn crazy) part more. I use the term jap often as its quicker and easier to say in conversation. Im in no way a racist! Only my girlfriend, family and friends can call me fkn crazy though lol. Not some stranger on ebay trolling for a cheap deal without the sence to be polite when messaging me in regards to a item i have for sale! Dont think id loose any sleep over it though.

LPaddicted

Reaction score
I would have fired up about the (are you fkn crazy) part more. I use the term jap often as its quicker and easier to say in conversation. Im in no way a racist! Only my girlfriend, family and friends can call me fkn crazy though lol. Not some stranger on ebay trolling for a cheap deal without the sence to be polite when messaging me in regards to a item i have for sale! Dont think id loose any sleep over it though.

you are a fkn crazy racist ! :shock:

:io:

Latest Threads