Friendly Neighborhood Rascist...

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It goes beyond that. He personally attacks the OP.

When asked if he is an ignorant racist, toolbox replies that if the OP is "a little short dick midget Kamikaze then yes, I am" (a racist).

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
I hear you, like I said, the fact that he traffics in stereotypes and wallows in the gutter in his reply is an indication that he is actually racist.

It should be noted, though, that the OP launched the personal attacks by calling Hutch an "ignorant racist" on the basis of using the word "Jap". While that usage might support the charge of ignorance (of cultural norms, if nothing else) it doesn't mean the guy was racist. That was my point.

I agree that once his reply came in with the hatefulness it had that either Hutch was either racist, or being a Poe. I also agree that Danger, after that post, is fully justified in saying that Hutch is racist.

I guess I'm just saying that before that reply, Hutch's racism wasn't evidenced very strongly, because shortening "Japanese" to "Jap" is still a common thing in some English-speaking parts of the world, and to assume that its use automatically proves racism is a little hair-triggered.

The Refugee

Reaction score
It goes beyond that. He personally attacks the OP.

When asked if he is an ignorant racist, toolbox replies that if the OP is "a little short dick midget Kamikaze then yes, I am" (a racist).

Yes, he does attack the OP. And what he said was not okay.

But he said what he did after being accused of being a racist.

There are some people out there that would have said "No I'm not racist, I am just not up to date with the quality of Japanese made guitars, and did not know that they were of such high quality." Others however, decide to go for the lulz, and start trolling the other person by throwing every insult at them that they possibly can, whether or not it makes them seem like a racist.

davies

Banned/Not Banned
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree here that Hutchebut's initial question was not in the slightest bit racist.

His reply to the (totally unnecessary) enquiry of his being an 'ignorant racist ****?' (interested to find out exactly what that word was) was, all too obviously, simply a wind-up designed to provoke a response.

Said response included yet more (again, totally unnecessary) personal insults aimed at Hutchebut, all based on what facts exactly?

Length of said response and posting of the conversation here indicates (to me, at least) the previously mentioned look-at-how-clever-I-am-everybody attention seeking and the fully-expected (demanded, almost) support of us all.

Neither correspondent comes out of this covered in a great deal of glory but, please, really nothing to get one's knickers in such a twist.

tonebone

Reaction score
Sounds to me like "Hutchebut" is a waste of skin.

I ignore ignorant people. Especially when they're ignorant of MIJ guitars. There's too little time to waste on idiots when you think about it.

dangerdog

Reaction score
He didn't swear at you or behave abusively, until you swore at him and were abusive to him. He then reacted to YOUR abuse.

Think what you like about me or my motivations for posting but the second sentence of his INITIAL message was "Are you ****ing crazy?"

He did not type stars....

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
I'd probably get a little hot under the caller too if my question (I do not consider 'Jap' to be a racial slur, personally) was answered in the manner you responded--a very immature and childish way to answer, IMHO. Of course he responded in-kind.

You both exhibited a very low Emotional Intelligence Level (EQ), and quickly went to a child-like argument.

Better to keep the high road, and stay in the adult mode...you then win. :D

You both showed a great example of how NOT to react, especially via texting or email, where emotion cannot be read.

I cannot say I'm not guilty of doing that on occasion, myself.

BB

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Hutchebut:And now why is it that I pay the same amount for a Jap copy when I can buy a used REAL Custom Shop piece right here in the USA?? Are you ****in crazy??
Obviously a troll, no doubt DD, just the way he addresses you.

Yes you are right, Jap is generally considered an ethnic slur. He was obviously a jagoff with nothing better to do.

He obviously had no intentions on buying the axe.

47588d1315574372-friendly-neighborhood-rascist-jap.png

Attachments

• Jap.PNG
    Jap.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 205

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Hutchebut:And now why is it that I pay the same amount for a Jap copy when I can buy a used REAL Custom Shop piece right here in the USA?? Are you ****in crazy??

That is quite the initial question...

:shock: :laugh2:

circusboy28

Reaction score
Are Fender being racist with their Tex-Mex pickups? Maybe we should all boycott Fender because they're obviously "ignorant racist ****s" as the OP so delicately put it, for shortening a place name.

Major point to me is that there are some people in this world who are so insecure about their cultural heritage and so low on self esteem that they seem to believe their only way out is to deliberately blame others for their own uncomfortability.

Diceman - I suspect that your heart is in the right place here, but this is not the first time this guy has squawked "racist" with little provocation and then tried to revel in upsetting his victim. Very sad way to behave.

Jakeislove

Reaction score
Meh, I'm not bored enough to invest in this discussion but have often heard "Jap" used as short for Japanese. Especially when it comes to motorcycles, LOL!

Subsequent responses look as if the guy is racist but, so what? It's his right to be ignorant and someone doesn't have any control over what context a listener/reader hears or puts a word in.

Rap, for example, abuses the absurd idea that only certain people can use words and should have complete control over the context in which they are used. This is bad for us all because it leads to less honest discussion and further ignorance.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Are Fender being racist with their Tex-Mex pickups? Maybe we should all boycott Fender because they're obviously "ignorant racist ****s" as the OP so delicately put it, for shortening a place name.

Major point to me is that there are some people in this world who are so insecure about their cultural heritage and so low on self esteem that they seem to believe their only way out is to deliberately blame others for their own uncomfortability.

Diceman - I suspect that your heart is in the right place here, but this is not the first time this guy has squawked "racist" with little provocation and then tried to revel in upsetting his victim. Very sad way to behave.

"Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur, although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive. In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term controversial or offensive, even when used as an abbreviation.[1] In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory.

...Later popularized during World War II to describe those of Japanese descent, "Jap" was then commonly used in newspaper headlines to refer to the Japanese and Imperial Japan. "Jap" became a derogatory term during the war, more so than "Nip."[2] Veteran and author Paul Fussell explains the usefulness of the word during the war for creating effective propaganda by saying that "Japs" "was a brisk monosyllable handy for slogans like 'Rap the Jap' or 'Let's Blast the Jap Clean Off the Map.'"[2] Some in the United States Marine Corps tried to combine the word "Japs" with "apes" to create a new description, "Japes", for the Japanese; this neologism never became popular.[2]
In the United States the term is now considered derogatory; the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary notes it is "usually disparaging".[5] In the United Kingdom it is considered derogatory, and the Oxford dictionary defines it as offensive...."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

EEF13

Reaction score
Is Jew racist? You are not finishing the word so it must be. It all depends on how you use the word.

Latest Threads