Fresher Leo Nine

Dalko

Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone is familiar with Fresher Leo Nine?

4,25 kg, birdseye top, maybe 1 piece back ... (just bought the guitar, don't know yet exactly)

I can see from pictures, it's a high end model, but which one?

I cannot see S/N.

Last edited:

GammyBird

Reaction score
I saw that for auction, though it was nice. Never had a Fresher LP but I do know that the later models are of better construction than the earlier. That one is a late....

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
Very nice overlooked guitars, except for those wonky tuners. I used to get them for $50 and clean them up and flip them. But now more people know about them so it's not quite the deal they once were.

jim777

Reaction score
I wonder how old that one is, the price tag in the case appears to say 40,000 yen?

Last edited:

MauiCliff

Reaction score
it's probably an late 1970's - early 1980's, laminate top and no fret end bindings.... I believe the 800 was a solid top with FEB.

Last edited:

Dalko

Reaction score
it's probably an late 1970's - early 1980's, and laminate top and no fret end bindings.... I believe the 800 was a solid top with FEB.
+ 1.

Sandwich body, should have a laminate top. I will not bid on this one.

I will keep my birdseye top, which should be solid. Will check it when the guitar will come.

Maybe a month, or less, it depends ... :)

Last edited:

JDB

Reaction score
Yeah the top will be solid and 2-3 piece back maybe butcher block style. No nibs or mop inlays.
The other one in Jauce link is most likely a veneer over ply top and also has a veneer back to look one piece.
I've had both as well as 3 of the solid flame tops, nibs and mop inlays., never found a model number for them though.

BKS

Reaction score
Nice one, i have her ugly stepbrother.... Camel les paul.

Dalko

Reaction score
Yeah the top will be solid and 2-3 piece back maybe butcher block style. No nibs or mop inlays.
The other one in Jauce link is most likely a veneer over ply top and also has a veneer back to look one piece.
I've had both as well as 3 of the solid flame tops, nibs and mop inlays., never found a model number for them though.
From what i saw, can be 1 piece back. I need to check it when the guitar will come.

I will check inlays too. Can be mop inlays.

The only thing sure now: no FEB.

But hey, for a similar top, i can change tuners, and forget frete edge binding ...

JDB

Reaction score
Looked back at some pics of mine with birdseye top and the back is actually a thin veneer over butcher block mahogany.
I can see from your pics the inlays are not MOP like this one isn't, but hard to tell about the back.
Anyway still be a nice guitar.
fresher leo nine A.JPG
fresher leo nine B.JPG
fresher leo nine C.JPG
fresher leo nine D.JPG
fresher leo nine E.JPG

Dalko

Reaction score
The veneer back of your guitar is not the same as the back of my guitar .

I don't believe my guitar has a veneer at all.

The question is: how many pieces of mahogany the back has? 1 or 2, or more? For the moment can be one ...

I have 3 pictures more, but that's all i have:

Even here i can see only 1 piece of mahogany, for the moment, of course.

For inlays, it will be checked ...

Last edited:

Latest Threads