Free New Foo Fighters EP!

KS 5150

Reaction score
Hi, I noticed on Blabbermouth this morning that the Foo Fighters are releasing a new 5 track EP, "Saint Cecilia" thru iTunes & elsewhere, & it's completely free! ...Sounds like a continuation of the "Sonic Highways" album. Very cool move by Dave Grohl & co, as always! See link for more details, & rock on!!

Foo Fighters - Saint Cecilia EP

TheX

just some do0d
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I hate to be that guy, but I hope to God this is better than Sonic Highways.

rxbandit

Reaction score
Thanks.

I wish they wouldn't have released those songs as a Foo Fighters record. Should have been the documentary soundtrack or something. Disappointing songs. However, the documentary itself is excellent.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's sad, because it followed Wasting Light, which was Amazing.

The EP is decent. It's better than the stuff on Sonic Highways. Kinda sounds like, "Hey guys you free Saturday? Wanna record an EP?"

Ed B

Reaction score
I can't wait to listen to this.

While Sonic Highways was released as a new album, it most certainly was a soundtrack album. It was a specific project made for and from the documentary. I thought it was awesome for what is was. When the are accompanied by the doc, it's pretty cool. Otherwise I think most of what they did could be lost.

KS 5150

Reaction score
Thanks.

I quite liked "Sonic Highways", especially "Outside"....some of the stuff on SH is kinda samey-sounding, though.

TheZ

Reaction score
Might be the last we hear from DG and the gang for a while. If so this ain't a bad way to go. The man's done it all and then some and I'm sure could use some time exploring other outlets. Thank you for this gift, Mr. Grohl!

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's gonna do another season of sonic highways I heard. Probably just won't make a record with it. Which I'm OK with.

jlb32

Reaction score
I like the free EP. :thumb: Much better than Sonic Highways which was IMO just a concept album. Don't hate Sonic Highways but it's definitely not one of my favs.

Pete M

Reaction score
Had a listen this morning. It's great that it's free and everything, but musically this is just Foos-by-numbers. Kind of throwaway.

I thought sonic highways was a good attempt at doing something different. It was a weird experience as a listen though to hear each song and make a judgement, then have it tied to an episode of the TV series and I found the whole emphasis on the lyrics and having them pasted across the screen in real time, the guest appearances kind of off putting. The album is a good companion to a really great TV series mostly. I like 'Something From Nothing' and 'In The Clear' mostly looking back.

jlb32

Reaction score
I do wish they would go back to more experimental heavier stuff. I really like the free EP but it is pretty basic Foo Fighters. Can't complain at all for a free EP though.

LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Reaction score
Cool

Done & Done.

Thanks man :thumb:

:)

jlb32

Reaction score
Might be the last we hear from DG and the gang for a while. If so this ain't a bad way to go. The man's done it all and then some and I'm sure could use some time exploring other outlets. Thank you for this gift, Mr. Grohl!
From the letter Grohl put up on their website it does sound like this is the end of the Foo Fighters for a while. Possibly a long while. It almost sounds like he's saying this is it, time to move on to other things. Yet he does leave it open for them coming back when the time is right.

Definitely sounds like more than just a extended break before working on another album. It's almost like the band is done unless the feeling to do more and the right time comes around.

JayFreddy

Reaction score
Listening to the second track now... It's GOOD!

Thanks! :dude:

For people who like the Foo Fighters, you will like this. If you're not convinced yet, this EP probably won't convince you. I like 'em.

ps. :cool:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZSY-3cwdGg[/ame]

Latest Threads